cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile eSIM not working

Juniper22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the 40 GB 5G plan with an eSIM for $34 last night. Payment went through and I hit YES  for transferring my number from the previous handler into Public Mobile. I restarted my phone thrice already. 
For some reason, 14 hours later, the eSIM doesn’t work and I cannot make or receive calls using it. 
I’m not sure how to go about activating the eSIM because there is no person that can help me over the phone, their online agents keep directing me to a submission for a ticket, and the submission of tickets/forms isn’t currently working on their app/website. I shortly got in touch with a Telus rep that mentioned a qr code. But the code leads me to a confirmation for eSIM activation on my phone and then I receive an error again for it. 
Has anyone dealt with this? And has anyone sorted it out?  

5 REPLIES 5

@Juniper22 , are you sure you don’t have a stuck port then if your previous providers SIM still works?

Juniper22

Thanks for this, I’m going to try! 

Juniper22

I tried that a couple of times but keep getting the error “unable to activate eSIM” and it asks me to contact the network provider 

my eSIM Is currently on “Turn on this line.” But I also have the previous network’s SIM on because I couldn’t receive the Public Mobile codes otherwise 😔

Honestly, at this rate I wouldn’t even mind the SIM card. I’m so frustrated with trying to get it to work, them not having a person to speak with, and their online agents just taking me in circles. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Juniper22 , you may have already looked after rebooting your phone but do you have the options on your phone to turn on/enable your eSIM if it is even there? If not CS_Agents may tell you to purchase another one of a SIM Card!

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Juniper22   Since the ticket system isn't currently working reliably, send a private message to customer service agents here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Check the envelope icon or Messages under your avatar for their reply

Need Help? Let's chat.