cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile charged my credit card already, but plan can not reactivated. URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

xdreamineer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Aug auto payment failed on August 17th, but they redo it on Aug 19 with success, and they charged me again on Sept 17th, no issue. 

But the plan stayed dead!!!!

Tried to submit a ticket, created an community account, okay.

But it keeps prompting me error to log in!! WHAT?

So I am okay to post a question here? WHY?

Can anyone help? If trouble remains, I bounce. This is driving me nuts.

23 REPLIES 23

@darlicious 

Thank you for flagging. I've been monitoring this thread and will address the situation with the team. 

Jade

@J_PM 

This sounds to me like a renewal failure which can cause a whole host of other issues. Can you escalate this for the OP who has gone an awfully long time without service despite being charged for it.

@xdreamineer 

When this happened to me the renewal stopped mid charge between the 30 day plan and the data charge. I was then without service on that account for 36 hours until they sorted it out. Even then I had issues with my renewal for 3 months until it was finally properly fixed. You will need the CSA to open a ticket with the tech team ( get the reference#) to properly sort out your account. What plan are you on?

Screenshot_20191204-055612~2.pngScreenshot_20191205-084044~2.png

@xdreamineer 

Have you tried different browsers and private/incognito mode when you tried to login?

After several unsuccessful logins, the system also could lock you out. Try again after an hour or so.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xdreamineer 

There was a suggestion from @darlicious to call 611 - have you done this?  What was the result?  (Sorry if I missed the reply.)

Public Mobile is known to have various glitches, but going through those steps will make sure it is YOU accessing your own account with a CS Agent.  It would be bad if somebody random could start asking about your account.

It's obviously that you're very frustrated, but if you can take a breath and be kind to the CS Agents, they have usually been quite responsive and been helpful back.  They are staff here whereas we're experienced users just helping each other out.  There may have been a misunderstanding or confusion or glitch, but the CS Agent will be able to look into it for you.  (Patience is a virtue :)).

@xdreamineer 

And that is what is so weird about your issue. Autopay can fail and you lose service but for you to get charged for service but not renew is very unusual. Did your $10/30 day plan and your $5/100 minutes or data charge ie. $15/1GB show up in your transaction history? This is very, very rare to have a renewal failure....but possible I know because it happened to me.

xdreamineer

TRIED ALL THAT  for dozen times!

The point is I got text message on the phone on Sept 8 saying making sure my credit payment is okay for auto payment the next day. IF I already paid or have set up autopayment, ignore the message.

I ignored okay, and of course PM charged me okay, just no service.

I do not see the logic and argument why they charge me so easily but it the completely opposite on the other end to get my due deserved service.

xdreamineer

FYR,

I have tried both. The the result is the same.

With my email address as well as my user name for the community.

Both account information.

Email address and password

@xdreamineer 

This is how I ask for customer support for my accounts and the ones I manage. Works like a charm.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@xdreamineer 

I tried out Simple--Simon once and had the same frustrating problem so now I just send a private message with that info to verify. They may also ask a few other questions like birth date, last payment, type, date amount and last 4 digits or your account #.

xdreamineer

THIS IS GETTING STUPID.

Contacted CS, and they gave me a link that first I am required to authenticate my acount. 

Dun see the logic, but WTH.

That page keep giving me an error loggin, with both my email address and user names which I have no problem with on logging in my account.doesnot work.png

@xdreamineer 

But of course this can still be an issue....thats why I hate Simple--Simon and prefer to send a private message. Reply that you are having an issue and instead verify by supplying the following info:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone number and 4 digit account pin #.

@xdreamineer 

You have to verify with your self serve account login ....your email address. Not your community account log in.

xdreamineer

IT IS HORRIBILY STUPID  EXPERIENCE

I did what instructed, sent a private message to CS, and they got back with a link that I need to authenticate my account first. 

WHAT? I got text message on the phone regarding billing said if I have set up auto pay system, ignore it and "everything will be fine" 

YEs the charging me went super smooth.

K, back to the link for authentication.

IT NEVER WORKS. SEE THE CAPPED IMAGE.

KEEP SAYING INFORMATION DOES NOT MATCH. I have tried with my email address as well as my community account.

Can someone that are wise explain me what is going on?? it is too surreal!!doesnot work.png

@xdreamineer wrote:

They charge my card, without providing service??

@xdreamineer  okay, now it sounds like you do not have service, even after your card was charged.

If your status on your Self Serve is ACTIVE, then while waiting for a response from Customer Support, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*when you get access to your Self Serve check to make sure the 4 digits under the 'Change Sim Card' option match the actual last 4 digits of your Sim card in your phone.

IF the status is NOT Active, and the reactivate button is not working, try making a manual top up payment of $1 to kick start something.

Also, sometimes reporting your phone lost/stolen, then going back to resume service can restart things.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@xdreamineer wrote:

@xdreamineer It sounds like you are getting charged successfully.

You say your plan is dead....

Does that mean you see messages on your Self Serve account, BUT, you still have all your calling/texting/data services working?

If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process.

The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

@xdreamineer wrote:

Auto pay. Auto transfer is set up since the beginning. 

Confirmed they charged my card on Aug 19 an Sept 19 without problem.

Just dont understand, They charge my card, without providing service??

Why do I need to pay $1 still? For what reason?

I ve spent over 3 hours searching for solution. Their system can't even let me submit a ticket, just error log in perpetually....

It is getting stupid to use PM

@xdreamineer 

If you have trouble logging in to your account or using a feature because of website errors, try using another browser (chrome, firefox) or Incognito mode. Sometime you could be locked out after too many unsuccessful attempts, try again after an hour or so.

@xdreamineer which plan do you have with PM? 

If you login to My Account,  is the Account Status showing Active? 

Is there any amount showing as Available Fund?

What is showing on your phone screen?  No Service? 

Did you try to put your SIM in another phone?

@xdreamineer 

When is the last time you rebooted your phone? If autopay went thru you automatically renew. Call 611 and see what it tells you.

@xdreamineer...as others have suggested...click here to send a message to Customer Support. Watch the little envelope icon, top right side of this page. When they reply, that icon will be highlighted.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

xdreamineer

Auto pay. Auto transfer is set up since the beginning. 

Confirmed they charged my card on Aug 19 an Sept 19 without problem.

Just dont understand, They charge my card, without providing service??

Why do I need to pay $1 still? For what reason?

I ve spent over 3 hours searching for solution. Their system can't even let me submit a ticket, just error log in perpetually....

It is getting stupid to use PM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xdreamineer   how PM charged you on Sept 17?  via Autopay or you manually paid it after an Autopay failure?

do you see the amount they charged on Sept 17 sitting as Available Fund on My Account?  If so, can you manually pay another $1 using One time top-up and use the "Other" option instead of amount due?  Once paid, see if there is a Reactivate Current Plan button and click it.  Then logout and reboot your phone.

@xdreamineer wrote:

Aug auto payment failed on August 17th, but they redo it on Aug 19 with success, and they charged me again on Sept 17th, no issue. 

Tried to submit a ticket, created an community account, okay.

But it keeps prompting me error to log in!! WHAT?

So I am okay to post a question here? WHY?

Can anyone help? If trouble remains, I bounce. This is driving me nuts.

Please send a private message to the customer support agents by opening this  link:  Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.