cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile changed my plan without any input from me

Hufi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Publi Mobile for years.  Recently after puchasing a new unlocked phone, I noticed that my data just disappeared without me using a lot.  I blamed the phone.  I just logged into my Public Mobile account for the firt time since they changed their web site to the new colours and discovered that Publi Mobile changed my plan - I always had 2 GBm now I have1024MB.  I have not changed my plan since buying in ears ago, and did not change to the rewards system either.  This is unfair.  Is it even legal?  I want my old plan back!  Any advice?

7 REPLIES 7

@DennyCrane "Have you considered spending $9 more for 20GB of faster 4G data?"

Periodically I look at more expensive plans but I just can't do it 

1d20386357b4d889592ecb5d1167a5fb--onions-wallets.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

As we thought. Glad you got clarification.

Have you considered spending $9 more for 20GB of faster 4G data?

Hufi

Hi, have been talking to Customer Service (dont they ever NOT work??  It is Sunday evening, after all, and I did not expect them to respond until tomorrow!)  But it is sorted out now:  I got a one time 1 GB add on June 2022 and never used it - only used part of the 1 GB that I get every month as part of the plan, so I also never got any warnings that my data is used up.  With me switching to the new phone, new and/or factory installed apps (??), apps switched on by default that I do not know about (??), whatever that I still need to research, ate up the 1GB that has been sitting in my account as well as the 1 GB that I get every month as part of the plan.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There was never a $25/2GB plan; it was always 1GB (1,024MB). You may have had an activation bonus, or you may have had one time holiday bonuses that get offered at Christmas time. For the past 3 years the bonus has been 2GB and prior to that it was 1GB. These data add-on's didn't expire, but they were one time use only. It's possible you had one in your account for a long time because you didn't use it right away.

Either way there was never a $25/2GB plan.

Hufi

No.  I had this plan for years, bought it about just before covid shut down the world.  It was $25 for 1GB plus unlimited nationwide talk en unlimited international and national text.  That December (2019, 2020??  I will have to look at my bank statements when I started paying for the plan) Public Mobile asked if I wanted another 1 GB for which I obviously said yes and I had 2 GB every month since then.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm unaware of a 2GB PLAN @Hufi 

Is it possible you were given an activation bonus for a limited time and that has long since passed so you are now back on the standard plan?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hufi 

Log into self service again but clear your browser cache and use incognito and confirm your plan. If it is not what you think it should be contact an agent.

• you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.