cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number

Ericfeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

How long does it takes to transfer a phone number from Bell. It’s been almost 24h and whenever someone calls me it goes to my old carrier voicemail but data plan is working fine.

I tried rebooting the phone. Turn off and on the line on my iPhone.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

@Ericfeng 

Common mistake for new members but PM forgot to add the instructions to leave the previous carrier SIM in the phone in step 5.

IMG_0150.png

Then your port was not done properly @Ericfeng 

That Port Authorization Request must be responded "YES" within 90 minutes of receiving so your current carrier knows you really want to port (move) your number from them to another provider.

If you didn't get the number to call to assist with porting, check your messages right away by tapping the link below and call them right away to get the porting completed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Be sure to have the Bell SIM card in your device, reply "YES" right away after getting the PAT, then replace with your PM SIM card.

No worries Eric. The number I sent, call it and they can trigger the text again. You just need to put your Bell SIM back in till you get the text. Say yes! 🙂

Ericfeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a text but didn’t reply back within the 90minutes

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ericfeng 

Did you get a text from Bell asking to port? I'll send you the porting team number in the top right corner mail. so they can help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.