cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile account shows 0 GB remaining when I've only used half my data

publicmobileus3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Data Usage on My Account page says I have 0 GB remaining of my 15 GB plan. I also received a text message saying I've used 100% of my data - however when I look through my usage history and add up all of the data used for this billing period it's only ~7.5 GB.

6 REPLIES 6

@publicmobileus3 wrote:

I exported my plans usage to an .xls file and added all my data usage for the billing period and it only adds up to half (7.5GB of my 15 GB limit)

@publicmobileus3   and you confirmed the cycle start date from My Account and start adding from the correct date?  Cycle start date will change, not start on the 1st or not start on the same date every month

if you added from the correct date and still there is discrepancy, please open ticket with PM Support and have them to further investigate:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@publicmobileus3   and for your usage add up issue,  there is a glitch on the Usage page if you just filter data there :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Usage-History-page-Filter-problem/td-p/84...

if you want to confirm the usage, please download the usage history in xls and then filter and sum up using Excel

Also, make sure you aware that cycle start date changes all the time, so, on My Account, make note of the current cycle start date and add up the data usage from that date

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Meow_0-1673019821696.png

publicmobileus3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@softech @Handy1  I opened My Account incognito mode (in an entirely separate browser Chrome -> Firefox). Same issue persists. I also tried refreshing the page as suggested.

I exported my plans usage to an .xls file and added all my data usage for the billing period and it only adds up to half (7.5GB of my 15 GB limit)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@publicmobileus3  the text could be correct, bust that the My Accoint page yiu reading earlier was cached, not providing correct usage info

An easy way get thr correct info is to click the Spinner on the bottom right of the section to force a refresh.

If you don't see an updated usage still, try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari) or try again with a completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome or try on another device.  You should then see the latest info from the server.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobileus3 @Try loggin in again incognito mode there are cache issues or refresh page once logged in again 

Handy1_0-1673019195159.jpeg

Refresh page.                                ^^^   

Need Help? Let's chat.