cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile - IDENTITY CRISIS

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have "Telus" popping-up all over the Community site... are we PM, or are we getting gobbled up one page at a time by our parent Telus???

27 REPLIES 27

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey everyone,

thank you for flagging this!

Our team is aware of the website glitch and they are working to fix it asap. Stay tuned for updates!

Regards,

Mary

Thank Mary for at least providing some feedback, we aooreciate that.

In the other hand who is now replacing Jeremy_M? I expected that who ever have taken his position would eventually show up on the community and provide (d) some update.

It is good that all if back to normal now

MEU_21

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

Not the best workaround but if you want to scroll a little less, if you "inspect" the giant public mobile image that shows up and add a height of 1px to the style you can quickly cut down on your scroll amount.height1px.png

LOL... now, I know PM is self-serve, but if they expect me to also learn HTML and rewrite their webpage so that it is usable, then I might as well just open my own MVNO!

I'll give YOU credit though, for trying to help. Anyhow, I'm glad its been resolved now.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

Not the best workaround but if you want to scroll a little less, if you "inspect" the giant public mobile image that shows up and add a height of 1px to the style you can quickly cut down on your scroll amount.height1px.png

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I'm not willing to spend any more time on this, there are things on my to-do-list that I actually will get paid for.

I might check in later in the week - if it's not going to be resolved I'll have to give up my community rewards, because I'd have to assume that PM (Telus) is not willing to make this concept of customers giving help to customers a reasonably smooth experience.

Tick tock, tick tock.  When faced with indecision, the natural reflex is to remain frozen and do nothing which is not altogether a bad thing.

@canucks4life, please don't make jokes about vision impairments.  My uveitis doesn't like it at all.  So very difficult to read.

#DisabilitiesAreNotAJoke

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I'm not willing to spend any more time on this, there are things on my to-do-list that I actually will get paid for.

I might check in later in the week - if it's not going to be resolved I'll have to give up my community rewards, because I'd have to assume that PM (Telus) is not willing to make this concept of customers giving help to customers a reasonably smooth experience.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

YES! 🙂  Since I see Telus on my web page, I guess that means PM now has a Telus call centre.  I will call Telus right away.  Oops......... good luck calling Telus, there are approximately 10,000 people ahead of me. LOL  

$60- 10 gig plan.............. What a hit! 🙂

Hey bud, you are still here?  Come to your senses about how the grass might be greener on the other side?  As great as $60 for 10 gigs may sound, based on the people I know only one has taken the bait.  Most of us are on data plans with a reasonable amount of data and so paying more for more data that will go to waste is not that good of an idea. 

@will13am,

I know one person from PM that has left.  People seem to be falling down (off) the PM network like dominos.  🙂 I am still here.  I still need to make a decision.  I keep going back and forth with it.  The plan I am being offered is great.  It is just that it is on the Rogers network and people are saying it is not as good as Telus. 

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

AlexOfAnders

@will13am wrote:

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

I would assume this $60 for 10GB has been a net loss for Telus since their call centers couldn't handle existing customers, everyone I know on Telus bailed even if they tried to call because being on hold for 3+ hours only to be hung up on doesn't breed customer loyalty when you can walk into a store and switch providers in 15 minutes (or do it in 5 min here online)

Perhaps if that store was located in a ghost town.  At the local mall, the lineup at the Bell store was well outside the door and down the hall.  Usually the guy working there deserve isolation pay for the amount of people he sees in a shift.  Yesterday, he had lots of help and I bet he wished it was normal day. 

Must depend on your location, my local mall was busy Sunday but since there were at least half a dozen mobile providers/sellers in there no one location had more than a couple people lined up except for Telus which had a line almost out the door only to tell people that they needed to call if they were an existing customer.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@MEU_21 wrote:

I have "Telus" popping-up all over the Community site... are we PM, or are we getting gobbled up one page at a time by our parent Telus???

That's still better than getting the 404 error for hours on three different browsers, emptied cache and/or incognito mode (the other webpages and forums I'm visiting regularly are working just fine - so it must be a PM problem...).

This is the first time I'm actually getting into the community at all this morning. Now it's scrolling to the bottom third of a very long page - very discuraging to participate / asking for help.

Considering that this is the only way to get customer service at PM, it's just not acceptable to not only have so many glitches in the self serve system but also discuraging people from getting help and providing help resolving them.

*rant over*

(To the person that publicly accused me of "ranting against the $60/10GB plans" in the last 24hours, when I was simply trying to point out that there are people around that do not use anywhere near that amount of data and would be paying more for something they don't use: THIS post is what a rant from me looks like.)

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

I would assume this $60 for 10GB has been a net loss for Telus since their call centers couldn't handle existing customers, everyone I know on Telus bailed even if they tried to call because being on hold for 3+ hours only to be hung up on doesn't breed customer loyalty when you can walk into a store and switch providers in 15 minutes (or do it in 5 min here online)

Perhaps if that store was located in a ghost town.  At the local mall, the lineup at the Bell store was well outside the door and down the hall.  Usually the guy working there deserve isolation pay for the amount of people he sees in a shift.  Yesterday, he had lots of help and I bet he wished it was normal day. 

@Michael77 wrote:

YES! 🙂  Since I see Telus on my web page, I guess that means PM now has a Telus call centre.  I will call Telus right away.  Oops......... good luck calling Telus, there are approximately 10,000 people ahead of me. LOL  

Hey bud, you are still here?  Come to your senses about how the grass might be greener on the other side?  As great as $60 for 10 gigs may sound, based on the people I know only one has taken the bait.  Most of us are on data plans with a reasonable amount of data and so paying more for more data that will go to waste is not that good of an idea. 

Michael77

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

Good luck reaching any provider today.  Okay you can probably reach Lucky and Chatr.  I am not sure if customers can reach PM?  Their network is on the fritz.

AlexOfAnders

Michael77

@Luddite wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite. If it is anything like the password reset feature... 

I guess I can grow to live and adapt with these new changes.  

In all seriousness I imagene they are truely working on this as it is a visible issue rather than "working on it  with no eta" on the other long list of issues.  

Well, perhaps BUT after they get all $60 10 GB new customers processed. Robot wink

LOL 🙂

@mimmo wrote:

In all seriousness I imagene they are truely working on this as it is a visible issue rather than "working on it  with no eta" on the other long list of issues.  

Well, perhaps BUT after they get all $60 10 GB new customers processed. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Michael77

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pakmode wrote:

Yeah, this is a PITA. Get it fixed PM team. 

It's only been 4 hours, so give them time to work their way up the Telus chain for help. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pakmode

Yeah, this is a PITA. Get it fixed PM team. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great for those with macular degeneration lol

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

thank you for flagging this!

Our team is aware of the website glitch and they are working to fix it asap. Stay tuned for updates!

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MEU_21

Wooaa! Getting wacked with a huge PM logo now. Everything is in a total disarray on the community pages - PM, this makes the online-only service a hard sell for potential customers! 

I'm grateful I can still type here without having to use ASCII codes!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I was hoping that at least after an hour they would make some kind of announcement that yes the community pages are broken and we are working on it. Since PM only has the community and everything is online it cannot be like this for longer with no updates, it is not as if there is a promo going on something like that.

Critics aside , I am assuming they are trying (or at least were) to merge the code for Telus forums to here? I always thought they ran through the same engine and code with koodo as well.

Edit. I forgot how to spell 😞

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

It is even worse on phone. It is baaad

AlexOfAnders

Yeah, the community page is super broken this morning. I get a bunch of network errors on CSS and JS files plus a Google Maps API error that it's been included multiple times. Feels like Telus tried to add some location tracking or setting from their regular page and completely broke things.

KMG

Noticed that too!  The page formats are all a mess now.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Same here.  Does this mean we qualify for the 60$ 10gb promo? 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.