cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province-wide plan, but want to travel to another province

hc911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've searched the forums a bit and can't find a definite answer. I have province-wide plan in BC but want data in Ontario, for at least 3 days. What's the correct add-on to use? Text/data would be nice, but just data is essential. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Data works without extra charges/without any add-on as long as you are connected to the Telus network.  There is no such thing as "long distance data".

GrantK
Great! Thanks for letting me know.

hc911
I just came back from Toronto to Vancouver. My data worked just fine in Toronto. Had to pay nothing. I have same plan as you.

GrantK

Hi,

I see people saying that if you leave your home province and go to another province, your data will work.  I just wanted clarification whether you mean data will work with an add-on, or it is covered under your current plan (no extra fees).  I will be traveling from Ontario to Alberta (Banff) in a couple of months and I wanted to use data (google maps, email, etc.) and I just wanted to verify that I don't need to purchase an add-on.  I currently have the 12GB/90 days deal from last year.

Thanks.

Ottawatech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Heading to my birth place Victoria B.C and I know that data works everywhere in Canada with public moblie and that when your in a province you can call that province area code free of change and but when your out of your own province you'll need a long distance plan or just get extra minutes for long distance they always transfer over to your next bill and it's a great deal they also never expire they just keep jumping to your next bill on your next bill until they're all gone .
Your data will work anywhere in Canada so that's great and when your in a different province other than your own it's still works unlimited talk and text as long as you're using that province number area code

Thx @Luddite for corfiming. It's alway good to have an senior advice. Specially member like luddite. Book of knowledge 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Yes, data works anywhere in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I think data work out of province ?
Or best bet get a 8 dollar long distance add-on. Which will give you 200 long distance mins. And pretty sure text will work too.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.