cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices

user2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Regarding the 4G plans...the $55 plan includes 10 GB of data, the $60 plan includes 15 GB, but the $45 plan includes 20 GB of data. Does that make sense on any level?

I would like to see a plan that gives me 40 to 60 GB's at a time. Wifi is not an option here, and I hate having to renew my plan every few days when I run out of 20 GB's.

22 REPLIES 22

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 

What's your issue with wifi? Are you in a rural location that doesn't have traditional home internet infrastructure? Is qualifying for credit an issue? Have you looked into using a telus smart hub for your internet? If you are eligible 500GB plans start at $70/month or are unlimited on a 2 year agreement + $15/month rent to own the hub. This may be an option for you?

@user2023 @Anytime that’s what we are here for to help and brain storm @user2023 @choose wisely Jedi ! 🙂

user2023

Thanks Handy1

@user2023 @Sure is have to watch the fine print 

user2023

Yeah, it is deceptive lol. 

user2023

That's a really good suggestion. I have an older unused iPhone 6s that could work as the hotspot. Not thrilled that it'll require 2 plans though. Still, food for thought. Appreciate it.

@user2023 wrote:

Hehe, I hope I don't need 210 gb! 

Hoping to keep it simple here. Just need a plan that I can manage and re-config quickly as needed. PM has been great, been a customer for nearly 5 years. But I find their pricing has become bizarre and I need bigger chunks of data. Up till around Nov I could get 40gb ($90) at a time at PM but since then the max data in a plan seems to be a measly 20gb. 

Prepaid providers have never been best bang for the buck when it comes to big data bucket. And that window of plans above 10ish GB has been rather short -  IIRC only last fall, I found an announcement from October 17/2022...

So what did you do before that???

You could always have a (big) data line with an upper tier provider that covers your minimum use for streaming and/or the Zoom HD video calls, either in a dual SIM phone or a separate device to hotspot off. And keep your PM account as your actual phone line and the flexibility for additional data.

@user2023 @That’s a lil deceptive you do t actually double data for $10 on any plan it’s just there’s a plan there for $10 more that has double data for example 20G for $75 and another for 40G for $85 

user2023

I see Telus has a offer to double your data for $10 extra.I will need to go talk with them in person to see what kind of plan I can come up with.

@user2023 @I hear what your saying , you have lots to think about and consider … at anytime pm could still offer some bigger data buckets again . Unfortunately like all the Carriers no one knows exactly when the plans will change up again … typically thou in my experience Oct / sept right before school starts and the Black Friday and Boxing Day is where some of the very best plans come about other then trying to nap win back offers which tend to be the very best of plans in my opinion but that’s just my .02 cents 

user2023

Hehe, I hope I don't need 210 gb! 

Hoping to keep it simple here. Just need a plan that I can manage and re-config quickly as needed. PM has been great, been a customer for nearly 5 years. But I find their pricing has become bizarre and I need bigger chunks of data. Up till around Nov I could get 40gb ($90) at a time at PM but since then the max data in a plan seems to be a measly 20gb. 

@hTideGnow @I have both and I and I love the Telus umbrella have lines with all 3 tiers and even a few with the competition too 

HI @Handy1   sound like you have a Telus account.

Curious, you still love your PM account here?

@user2023 @Also another thing to keep in mind with Telus is that if you manage more then 1 line and have 4 on the one account you save an additional $15 a line per month and and the data is shareable so if the other 3 lines also on same plan in your 60G $85 option you pay $70 in that case per line with 240 Gigs to share between all the lines and even allocate the data give 3 lines only 10 gig each if you like and keep 210 gigs for your own use …possibilities are endless 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So wifi is not an option, then what are you doing on the phone that you need to pay for so much data? Hotspot to a computer? Binge watching 4K movies? Do you need to?

@user2023 @Yes that’s correct @user2023 @I know for Black Friday / Boxing Day plan promos ther was a 100G 5G+ plans for $90 that claims data speeds of 1Gbs and also included unlimited us calling … it’s the plan I jumped on myself 

user2023

Been looking at Telus plans. They have a few plans that offer unlimited data, but it's not simple. You can get plans that give you 40 or 60 gb of 5g data, but after the 40 or 60 gb's are used, the speed is throttled at 512 kbps. So the "unlimited" part will be awfully slow, once the 40 or 60 gb's are used. I'll have to mull that over. The 60gb unlimited costs $85.00. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 ouch, that sounds like an expensive process. You do know that when you renew your plan before it's normal renewal date you lose out on the funds you already paid in that existing cycle? 

Renewing early also affects any reward you may be entitled to.

Plans seems to be popping up now and then with different data buckets, maybe a bigger one will surface this year, but who knows.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 

As a 3rd tier mobile provider of Telus, much like Chatr and Lucky Mobile are of Bell and Rogers, there's not a lot of high data or unlimited data options available with these 3rd tier providers.

Give Koodo a shot, or one of the second tier providers of the other guys.

Public Mobile is slowly adding higher data plans, but they are at least a couple of years behind the others.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @user2023  

For PM, the plans are whatever showing, there is no custom making.  

You can buy add-on but if the difference is huge, it does not make sense

So, if the plans does not have the data you need, you will probably need to look into other provider.  Check with Koodo or Telus but bigger data plan

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Apparently PM does not currently have any plan with more than 20GB of data.

The best deal would be either $40/15GB or $45/20GB

As for other plans, yes they have no sense but I guess after current Lunar Year promo PM will get them in order.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 @Sometimes the plans don’t always make sence it’s just how it is , unfortunately you can only choose plans that are available on website and thru self serve … only other option for more data without switching plans are data addons 

Need Help? Let's chat.