cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase since May 2024

Capilano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Why has my bill increased by $8.40 since May 2024?  It was $33.60 before May and has increased to $42 since.

I didn't change the subscription to cause the increase.  I have changed it today, July 26 2024, to make it more affordable as previously.

I would like a bill credit for the 3 past months of extra charges of $8.40, totalling $25.20.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Brilliant 

Capilano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Sansan and eddiO for your explanations!  I now see that they took off the loyalty points after April 2024.  Yes, I did use Change on Renewal for the subscription change as it looked that they would charge me today if I wanted to make the change effective today, which is in the middle of the subscription period.  I don't want to pay them more than I need to!  Have a great day.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Capilano uh-huh,  you don't realize yet huh.

There was no price increase. What happened was that Public Mobile has removed the Loyalty Rewards program that used to offer automatic discounts. 

As of May 2024 all clients are now on a new Points System.  No more loyalty,  no more automatic discounts.  You pay your plan price in full each month. Then they will give you back 5% of your payment.

So no credit to get back unfortunately. 

I hope that in changing your current plan today, you used Change on Renewal,  as they will immediately charge you the new plan with no credit to the old one regardless when it was last billed. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Capilano, The increase is likely due to the new Public Points system in which everyone is now on. With this change all customers will pay the full amount up front, there is no opt-out or going back to the old system.

• The $2 auto pay discount has been replaced with 5% Points-Back from every payment (less taxes)
  • The monthly loyalty discount is now replaced with 10 points given once a year on your anniversary. 
  • Refer-a-Friend will get you 1 point for each month that your referral stays with PM
  • Give Back (from 1 point up to 20 points by contributing in the Public Mobile Community).  

Public Points can be redeemed towards a $15 bill credit (requires 15 points), or for ad-ons like international long distance minutes, more data, etc (starting at 5 points and up). The $15 bill credits will not happen automatically, you’ll need to redeem your points in your account manually add them for your next bill.

As some of our experts have shared, depending on which plan you are currently on there may be opportunities for changing to better cheaper plans to help offset the increase.

To change plans login to “My Account” and use “Change on Renewal” to schedule a plan change.

More information about the rewards system migration:
Moving to Public Points | Help Article | Public Mobile

Overview of Public Points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.