cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About payment process

tthh0101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed the subscription while taking another subscription. I thought if I changed the subscription, I should only pay the difference between the previous subcription and the changed subscription, but I just paid the new subscription fee regardless of the previous subscription's remained period and price. Is this right in the public mobile payment system? Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tthh0101 

you have 2 options...Change on Renewal will change your plan at next regular renewal. You'll only pay new plan costs. If you select Change Now, you will pay for new plan right away and you'll forfeit whatever is left on old plan...and there's no pro-rating or refunds. If you must have a new plan...best option is to Change on Renewal.

option.png

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@tthh0101  it hurts huh.

Sadly,  many make this mistake 😞

No guarantees but use the orange chat bubble to create a ticket and ask public mobile if there's something they can do for you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tthh0101 

Since PM is a prepaid service. You pay for service first and ne refund for unused days like postpaid service.

That is why you are give the option to switch Now or on your Next Renewal Date.

If you switch Now, you have paid for the old plan plus you will pay for the new plan.

If you picked  no on your Next Renewal Date. The old plan will expire and the new plan will take over.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sorry, no, you made teh wrong choice.  If you use Change Now, PM takes money for new plan and the old plan is wasted

you should have used the Change on Renewal choice instead , that would let you finish your current cycle and start the new plan when you renew

Need Help? Let's chat.