cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price change?

Keach1984
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I was paying $38.00 now I’m paying $45.00…why? I’ve been a customer for almost 6 years.

4 REPLIES 4

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BrookT I would advise that Public Mobile customers check PM’s plan offerings every day or at least weekly. There have been plan changes that often in the past 6 to 9 months.

BrookT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well explained 🙂

@Keach1984i was shocked/disappointed too when i discovered i have to pay the full price up front with some small discount maybe coming in the future [could change again...who knows!] This answer above is the clearest explanation I've seen. I would also suggest to periodicly look at the plan offerings; on a whim i was browsing that section and discovered there was a plan which had more data for slightly less $$ . Never received an email about the option, so I strongly recommend having a look a couple times per year to ensure that the plan you are on is the best option for you

szu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Keach1984 

Here is some more information about the points move:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Keach1984 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   

I think you missed the rewards plan change announcement.  PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points in May!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

Need Help? Let's chat.