cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts deleted at random?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

So, we have a rogue poster this morning, sharing his personal information on every single board.

I had picked one and asked the person to edit their post and provided the link to contact the moderators. An absolutely normal and helpful post.

Back on the main board 15 minutes later I notice that my post, normally displayed when I posted it, has been deleted (and other poster's to the same effect in different threads with the same content by the same OP). However, the OP's personal information is still visible.

What exactly is going on here? @David_J, @CS_Agent 

9 REPLIES 9

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the explanation, @MarieHelene_L.

@Luddite wrote:

I admit it; I merged the remaining 5 but missed wetcoaster's reply as Marie had already moved some. When we move a post all its replies normally go with it to the new location. Oracles cannot hide, only move posts (but not ideas in the Piublic Lab).

@Luddite

It definitely was messy for a bit! Thanks for being part of the clean-up crew on this one and all the other work you are doing around here!

I admit it; I merged the remaining 5 but missed wetcoaster's reply as Marie had already moved some. When we move a post all its replies normally go with it to the new location. Oracles cannot hide, only move posts (but not ideas in the Piublic Lab).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Thanks for chiming in, everybody.

And yes, I picked up on the cleaning up part - it is highly appreciated.

(It's just that, as much as I like the concept of this community and the wisdom united here, I would need to reconsider my active participation if perfectly adequate posts that are meant to help would be randomly censored and deleted, as that flies against my ethics. I really have better things to do than typing replies that are not appreciated.)

Edit: I see that the everything is straightened out now. Thanks for clarifying, @MarieHelene_L.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @wetcoaster!

No worries - your post didn't get randomly deleted! It has simply been moved to a private part of the community to clean things up a little as @ute1978 mentioned. 5 of OP's thread have been merged together and the 8-10 remaining threads have simply been hidden. I'll go ahead and transfer your reply over to OP's thread, that's not a problem 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wetcoaster, it looks like all the threads were deleted except the one in the Paying for your service as that would be the correct location for the thread.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

A member who doesn't think they are! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Someone is cleaning up. That member opened 10 different threads about his problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.