cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Community Posts?

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why are some community posts being deleted? I saw a post yesterday that someone was having a problem porting their number over to Public Mobile and was warning potential customers of the issue. The customer said it might take 3 days to resolve and they might even lose their number.  I saw the post yesterday and went in today to see what the resolution was and I can no longer find it. I was interested in this post as I want to potentially port other family member numbers to PM but am reluctant due to port issues like the OP had. 

My opinion is even negative posts are important in the community so a customer can get a full picture of what PM is like. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Holiday888 

I think that I was also involved in that post.  I did merge the various posts since the OP make several new posts instead of continuing to update on the first post.  However, I did not delete the negative post.  I checked the oracle side and nothing was moved over there.  Not sure what exactly happened to the original post.  It did look like that OP did find some solution.  It might be even possible that OP deleted own post. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cancel-subscription-without-ability-to-re...

There are many negative posts on this forum.  Normally, they do not remove unless it goes against the terms and conditions of this forum.  

As for porting, most new customers port with no issues.  On the forum, you will always see the unsuccessful ports stories.  As long as original carrier account is active and you respond yes to the port request text from original carrier, most ports are successful.  I recommend using account number (instead of IME of phone) for port request. Less chance of error. 

@Holiday888  Well I can’t say for sure , however if it was the poster I saw that kept making numerous threads about same thing and replying to other post about same issue trying to discourage people from joining PM then that might be against the terms and service also I think that this piticuler poster was having issue due to his own errors and not public mobile problem but was bad taking PM regardless . 

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Handy1 

The post was not a repetition and it was on the community site long enough that it was not removed by the spam filter which is very quick at doing its thing. You had replied to the post as well. I was very interested in what the resolution was going to be as the OP potentially may have lost his number during the port. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Holiday888  Thee can be a number of reason why , first the sites filter and the OP can delete the post or take away bravos and solutions or an oracle can remove if it’s unnecessary repetition of the same answer .or the post gets moved to the lounge . I think we have all experienced it form one time or another nothing to worry about just keep trying to help and do t repeat other hours later and good things will happen as far as community rewards go for participating and offering helpful solutions to others in need 

Need Help? Let's chat.