cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of Unlimited Plans??

Cuddles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could Public possibly come close with an unlimited data plan as much as the "Big 3" have done as of late?? I am greatly satisfied with my service and have been since I have become a Public Mobile customer and have even had an offer to me from Public Mobile that was offered to me for more data per month for far cheaper option as per adding on there 1G add on when my 8.5G plan was getting close to running out of data before my plan was set to renew each month.. however I am quite happy with my offer and haven't gone over on my data alotment since the offer from Public Mobile and I accepted it.. however it would be great if the option of me paying even more per month and having not to worry about my data usage during the month.. for yes I do understand that Wi-Fi is readily available and accessible for the most part.. however knowing that you don't have to worry about your data every month and don't have to use Wi-Fi in public areas just to keep your data usage down during the month would be a great help.. for yes of course when we are home a good vast majority of us have Wi-Fi at home or at work or school that we say could trust using on a daily basis.. however like what I have come to love about Public Mobile is the price you see is the price that you pay a month and no catch with a bunch of other fees or anything like that.. however I'd be willing to pay that extra a month just to have peace of mind that it's one less thing that we just don't have to worry about.. ??? So Public Mobile this is the question??

9 REPLIES 9

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@CuddlesI am not sure that it will happen because PM competes in price and its rewards programs with other providers. And it works perfectly so far.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Cuddles wrote:

@Cuddles  I agree with you. The unlimited data even though throttled at slower speeds is a better option than data not working at all because it means vital apps, maps etc that one relies will continue to work.

If Public Mobile decides not to offer this option then maybe offering promo pricing for their data add-on similar to what Koodo offers (multiple times a year), will be greatly appreciated by all PM customers. Customers will be able to take advantage of the cheaper data rates and add data as backup when required.

Cheaper 3G data (not LTE) add-on is fine with me. 

But free bonus data add-on every 3 months is great too.

I have not used all my bonus data which PM gave me from the last 6 months.

I wish PM will move the 2GB add-on from my mother's account to my account.as she is using a flip phone.  I have not ask modertaor yet.  Anyone had requested that yet?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cuddles wrote:

Could Public possibly come close with an unlimited data plan as much as the "Big 3" have done as of late?? I am greatly satisfied with my service and have been since I have become a Public Mobile customer and have even had an offer to me from Public Mobile that was offered to me for more data per month for far cheaper option as per adding on there 1G add on when my 8.5G plan was getting close to running out of data before my plan was set to renew each month.. however I am quite happy with my offer and haven't gone over on my data alotment since the offer from Public Mobile and I accepted it.. however it would be great if the option of me paying even more per month and having not to worry about my data usage during the month.. for yes I do understand that Wi-Fi is readily available and accessible for the most part.. however knowing that you don't have to worry about your data every month and don't have to use Wi-Fi in public areas just to keep your data usage down during the month would be a great help.. for yes of course when we are home a good vast majority of us have Wi-Fi at home or at work or school that we say could trust using on a daily basis.. however like what I have come to love about Public Mobile is the price you see is the price that you pay a month and no catch with a bunch of other fees or anything like that.. however I'd be willing to pay that extra a month just to have peace of mind that it's one less thing that we just don't have to worry about.. ??? So Public Mobile this is the question??

@Cuddles  I agree with you. The unlimited data even though throttled at slower speeds is a better option than data not working at all because it means vital apps, maps etc that one relies will continue to work.

If Public Mobile decides not to offer this option then maybe offering promo pricing for their data add-on similar to what Koodo offers (multiple times a year), will be greatly appreciated by all PM customers. Customers will be able to take advantage of the cheaper data rates and add data as backup when required.

mimmo

@Cuddles  public currently offers rewards lucky and chatr offered throttled unlimited data .  Best to decide what is more important.

I think lucky has a decent promo  till tomorrow.  

@Cuddles 

As Popping mentioned above, other tier 3 companies like Lucky mobile does offer very low data speeds after data allottment is finished.  

from luckymobile website:

• Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.

It would be nice for PM to offer this perk, but PM has not so far.....

Cuddles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

However as they say "Reduced Speeds after 10G" they say that it goes down to 3G.. for what I use my mobile data for on occasion such as a messenger or to use a web browser or Google maps or something along those lines.. 3G is plenty fast enough for what I need and use

popping

The unlimited plan had been offered for a while by PM competitors.  But PM continues to keep plans the same. But selected to give us bonus1GB data add-on.twice.

We know that PM plan price is the cheapest after taking rewards into the equation.  PM knows this too.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Cuddles 

That's a question that only the PublicMobile team can answer

However, I believe even the companies that offer unlimited data say.. 

• "Continue to surf and stream on your device after 10GB at reduced speeds"

Cheers

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cuddles 

Good question.  Most community forum members are just customers like yourself, so we will not know what the future will hold. 

Generally speaking, PM does not directly compete against the big Three.  PM compete against the other tier 3 companies like Lucky mobile, Chatr, etc.  If those companies start offering this type of plan, PM might compete against these companies.  

Need Help? Let's chat.