cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not sending - new public mobile user

eloisetaylor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys,

I just moved from Rogers to Public Mobile and transferred my number. Everything seems to be working - aside from outgoing and incoming text messages. I can make calls, data works fine, but just can't send or receive texts. Anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

you need to give it time, porting moves in stages, normally outgoing calls, incoming calls, then data and could take up to 2 hours or longer to finilaize, you will get a text message saying it's all switched over, then it's a good idea to restart your phone and it should be all good.

This issue has already been solved. This was stated in the message immediately before yours.

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you need to give it time, porting moves in stages, normally outgoing calls, incoming calls, then data and could take up to 2 hours or longer to finilaize, you will get a text message saying it's all switched over, then it's a good idea to restart your phone and it should be all good.

eloisetaylor

Managed to get it working thank you 🙂 I think it just needed some time to switch from Rogers to PM

[Waiting a while, worth noting especially when just texting ........... Luddite]

@eloisetaylor Did you restart your phone?

eloisetaylor

Oh it's working now!!! It just needed time I guess! 

Need Help? Let's chat.