cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

Lynne
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hello I set up my phone and got a new number then tried to port my number and it said everything was good but my old number is now dying it's out of service and it's not working with my Sim card now and if I lost my old number together Im going to be really upset as I have had the number for a really long time please help I really want my number working right.
5 REPLIES 5

Lynne
The only text I got was saying what my new pin is nothing else and that was on the new number not my number 😞

Lynne
I ported it over at 6pm tonight it said it worked but still nothing. I did not call anyone to cut any number off so it now saying out of service must be because of the porting. I was trying to port from wind.

jlm1991

What do you mean dying?

Have you messaged a mod? 

What carrier are you with? 

Did you call them and cancel before porting?  If so then unfortunately you lose your number.

If you did not call you previous carrier and are not with PC mobile/Koodo then the port should have gone through if you put your account #, imei of current phone/contract phone, pin for that account.

From my experience in the cellphone business (sell for Telus/Koodo/Chatr) any ports can take up to 2 hrs to go through and in that time you may still get calls/texts on your old phone provider's sim and will be able to call/text on your new provider.

fktw3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lynne, also, rebooting the phone also might be required.

fktw3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lynne wrote:
Hello I set up my phone and got a new number then tried to port my number and it said everything was good but my old number is now dying it's out of service and it's not working with my Sim card now and if I lost my old number together Im going to be really upset as I have had the number for a really long time please help I really want my number working right.

@Lynne, what do you mean it's out of service?  Did you get a text saying the porting was complete? Does your phone get a signal with the new SIM card?  Can you dial out or text?

Usually, you will get the ability to dial out, data and send text the quickest.  Then, dialing into the number usually takes the longest.  Typical time to complete a port is 30-60 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.