cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to Telus

Joe_mck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm wanting to move over to Telus for an EPP plan. Just wondering if my plan at Public will be prorated. I'm on the $50 40GB CAN-US plan and looks like my bill cycle just passed. The Telus rep seems to think so but I've heard that PM is different because it's prepaid although this plan is subscription based.

6 REPLIES 6

@Joe_mck wrote:

Hi, I'm wanting to move over to Telus for an EPP plan. Just wondering if my plan at Public will be prorated. I'm on the $50 40GB CAN-US plan and looks like my bill cycle just passed. The Telus rep seems to think so but I've heard that PM is different because it's prepaid although this plan is subscription based.

Public Mobile is using the word "subscription" as a marketing term. All cell phone plans are subscriptions. Prepaid itself doesn't prevent a company from offering refunds.  Public Mobile chooses not to issue refunds as a business decision.

LOL - that's not the 1st time @dust2dust 

@Handy1 , you diggin for iron ore again?  😂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Joe_mck 

Are you on the new points rewards program or the old $$ rewards program?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Joe_mck- Just so it's crystal clear, this place does not take ore for payment. 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Joe_mck  PM is ore paid and do not pro rate the plans no refunds , so best to wait to end if your cycle to switch as @abtest  mentioned or you can ask Telus since its PM parent company if they can give you some sorta migration credit to help off set the months difference 

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Joe_mck- because PM is prepaid, there is no pro-rating.  You will not get anything back.  best to switch over near the end of you PM cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.