cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to Telus while Suspended?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know when you are under the Suspended 90 Day Period your Public Mobile Prepaid number won't port over to an Provider. Now I heard from a Public Mobile Moderate that your number can indeed port over under the 90 Day Period if it's going to Telus Mobility Postpaid/Prepaid and to Koodo Mobile Post Paid. Is this True? 

6 REPLIES 6

@chukdefatey 

You need to contact the moderators first and verify you are the account holder and give "written" authorization to release your number to be ported to telus. This takes care of the inability to reply to the porting authorization text. Then when pm recieves the request to release the phone number for porting they will....

@chukdefatey  try calling Telus porting team as advised by @totalUser.  I would like to know they would do it, too.   Please let us know the result

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You will need help of Telus porting team though. You can reach them at (877)868 3587

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chukdefatey wrote:

I know when you are under the Suspended 90 Day Period your Public Mobile Prepaid number won't port over to an Provider. Now I heard from a Public Mobile Moderate that your number can indeed port over under the 90 Day Period if it's going to Telus Mobility Postpaid/Prepaid and to Koodo Mobile Post Paid. Is this True? 

@chukdefatey 

You are supposed to be able to port a suspended Public Mobile account/service to a TELUS group of companies provider (TELUS or Koodo), however it's been reported by some that they've been told otherwise.

I'd say try to reach another rep, or call the number I'll private message you if you're experiencing any problems.   😉

@chukdefatey wrote:

This is also the case porting from Public Mobile to Koodo prepaid.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yes.

You are staying in the same house, even upgrading and they wouldn't want to discourage that

Need Help? Let's chat.