cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to Rogers

Umair1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port my phone number from public mobile to Rogers but public mobile won’t send me an sms despite multiple requests over 90 minutes. My monthly payment was due for Public Mobile on April 23 but I did not pay because I have activated Rogers. 

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Umair1 

Look in your transaction history.....you should see MANUAL TOP UP.....$15 with today's date. The next line you should see is....30 DAY PLAN....$10 followed by 100 MINUTES......$5 both with today's date? If you don't see the $15 plan charges then you only topped up your account balance.

Go to the plans or usage page and click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate. Check your transaction history for the $15 plan charges. Log out and reboot your phone.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Umair1 

Contact a CS Agent. Second option below is easiest, but first option is the fastest for a reply  if you can use the chatbot.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon for a reply from the CSA.

Umair1

Yes I confirmed on my online bank account that the payment went through and self service shows an account balance of 0. It put my payment under top up. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Umair1 

Can you confirm that the payment came off your credit card? Do you have a balance in Account Balance in self service?

Umair1

I did that but it still says, “expired account” “account suspended due to insufficient funds” and also says that I have no amount due because I have already paid the amount due. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Umair1 wrote:

My online account says that my account has been suspended due to insufficient funds but at the same time I paid the amount due and it says no amount due at the moment under the $15 plan  

Try this:

In self service choose lost/stolen. Suspend your service and then log out. Log back in after 1 minute and resume your service. Is the status Active? If yes log out and reboot your phone.

Umair1

My online account says that my account has been suspended due to insufficient funds but at the same time I paid the amount due and it says no amount due at the moment under the $15 plan  

Umair1

Yes it shows the new plan and I restarted the phone but I still cannot call 

Try restarting the phone. Does the account show as active now? Does it show that you did change to the $15 plan?

Umair1

So I changed my plan to the $15 plan and paid but I still am not able to make calls. How do I know if it is activated so that I tell Rogers to resend a port request? 

@Umair1 wrote:

Won’t 15 dollars go to waste then because I will have 2 plans or will I be refunded 15?

Sorry, but you won't receive a refund.  However, as per the two messages before your recent reply, an inactive phone number isn't transferable to another carrier.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Umair1 

You will not be refunded. Your account must be active at PM to complete the port.

Umair1

Won’t 15 dollars go to waste then because I will have 2 plans or will I be refunded 15?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

In order to port your number not only do you need your PM sim, you need your PM account to be active and in good standing. I would recommend doing the cheapest plan $15 and then porting it over.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Umair1 

Your account must be active at Public Mobile to port a number to Rogers. You should activate on the cheapest $15 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.