cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming facility for visit to Asian countries

Punya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Team,

I am not sure how can I get international roaming facility (talk, text, data) while travelling to Asian countries on vacation especially to India.

Looking for assistance.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I know it's not a thing, but I've said for a good while now, they'd make some good money being able to offer international roaming, even if pre paid. Especially as most of the rest of the world is opening up. It's possible, telus and koodo can. People will pay alot for peace of mind, even if they don't end up needing to use it, knowing it's there sets people at ease

What would the price be and how much would they include? It might be expensive and they have to charge enough for the add-on to get their cost back because Public Mobile can't go back and charge the customer afterwards.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know it's not a thing, but I've said for a good while now, they'd make some good money being able to offer international roaming, even if pre paid. Especially as most of the rest of the world is opening up. It's possible, telus and koodo can. People will pay alot for peace of mind, even if they don't end up needing to use it, knowing it's there sets people at ease

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This is definitely the way to go, not only for cost effectiveness but reliability as well 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Punya   Local SIM is cheap in Asian, get it there.

Or you can check local Mobile store, some of them have International prepaid Data for you to buy ahead of your trip if you want to get everything set first

For voice, use VoIP app like TextNow to make free calls to Canada and US. This also allows your friends here to call you at a regular 10 digits number you got from TextNow

Important thing is to change the 2FA method (for banks, email, FB/IG) .  You won't be able to receive text or phone calls for 2FA codes.  change it to use email (not secure) or use Authenticator app (BEST) if the service supported.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Punya  - there is no Public Mobile services available outside of Canada and the USA.

So when travelling to Asian countries, it would be best to purchase a local SIM to where you are.

Your phone should work fine for wifi areas or apps and such though.

edit, typo

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Punya 

Public Mobile only works while you are in Canada or in the US with roaming add ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.