cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number

bethrideout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have only been a PM customer for less than a month and just found out my phone will not send/receive calls in my area. Going to need to change back to my previous provider and was wondering how to port my number

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bethrideout 

There is a workaround for your issue while we await the implementation of VoLTE. Download a voip provider app such as fongo or textnow and choose a local Canadian phone number. Once you are in an area with 3G network connectivity call forward (unreachable) your pm number to your voip phone number. Now when you are out of the reach of a 3G network signal your incoming calling to your pm phone number will ring thru to your voip provider app on your phone. The service is free while on wifi or uses 0.5mb/1min or 250mb=500min.

In regards to porting out your phone number you will need to give the new provider the following info to port out your phone number.

• Full name on your pm account.
  • Phone number to be ported.
  • Your pm account #.

You can find your account # on your profile page in your self serve account. Good Luck!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bethrideout 

Your new provider will take care of that.

You simply need to respond "YES" to the port authorization request whilst keeping your PM SIM card in your device after they initiate the port.

Need Help? Let's chat.