cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out to Number Barn and did not receive port authorization SMS

Klimpaloon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I’m trying to port my number out to Number Barn. Number Barn tells me that they tried to initiate the port, but received a message from Public saying that I did not respond to the authorization request. Meanwhile Public never actually sent me this request.

What can I do here? Number Barn told me to ask Public to pre-authorize the port request so that I don’t run into the same issue when I try again. Is this something that is possible?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@Klimpaloon wrote:

Yup! 100%

@Klimpaloon  Perfect.  As said, things seem ok on this end. 

Have Number Barn to re-send the request and if you still not received, you can confirm with agent to see if they sees the porting request coming from NB

Klimpaloon

Yup! 100%

And you can make and receive calls?

@Klimpaloon  then you just need to start the port request with your new provider and leave PM SIM card in the phone so you can reply YES to the confirmation text to port from PM and after successfully porting your number out of PM it will automatically close your PM account 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Klimpaloon 

Since your account is active and you can still receive incoming calls and text, it is good
Call Number Barn back and ask them to re-trigger the porting request.
Wait another hour or two and you should receive that

If still not receive the text from PM asking you to approve the porting,  please open ticket with PM support using this direct link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure that you respond to this text within 90 minutes. If you do not receive this SMS or you do not respond within the 90 minute window, make up to 4 additional attempts to send it. If you are still experiencing any difficulties, reach out to a Customer Support Agent

(Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/porting-out  ) 

Klimpaloon

My phone line is still active with Public and I receive other texts just fine still

Klimpaloon

It is still active and the SIM is in a phone. The phone may have been off/dead when they sent the text, but even if that were the case, I would still expect to see the text when I powered it on, even if the time to answer expired. But I did not see any text

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Klimpaloon  Your PM account needs to be active  so you can reply YES to the confirmation text . You have to get your new provider to re start the port request nothing PM can do 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your account here still active? Did you leave this sim in a phone to confirm the transfer text?

Need Help? Let's chat.