cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out PM to Virgin No txt Message

kusumah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm porting out to Virgin. The Virgin CS instructed me to wait for a port out txt on the PM number which never came. Told me to contact PM because the port request will expire in 8 hours, but PM doesn't have instant/phone CS right. The ticket I opened quoted upto 48hours for a reply, and I fear it's going to be one of those things where I have to redo and chase around What else can I do?

16 REPLIES 16

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number.

Should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number.

@kusumah wrote:

Yes, so factual:

- All info from me are correct. 

- Number was ported from Rogers to PM 2018.

- Rogers has a port Lock on the number even after it was ported successfully to PM.

- Rogers doesn't use this "old system anymore". Maybe it was ported through that "old system" and the new one still had a lock on it.

- Now I am waiting for a call from Rogers. I do still have a service (Internet) with them. 

When the number was transferred from Rogers to Public Mobile, everything switches over. Rogers no longer has anything to do with this matter.  This incident is entirely between Public Mobile and Virgin Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kusumah : Oh even more odd. Do you have any recollection of asking Rogers to put a port lock on your account when that number was with them? But it really shouldn't matter. They let the number go 3 years ago.

I can't help but feel this is a bit of a wild goose chase. The number is in PM's hands. A confirmation reply was needed. Virgin needs to re-request. I can't imagine how Rogers is still in this.

kusumah

It was originally Koodo, I'm sure because I picked the number myself from their pool of numbers using their website. Maybe some other carriers before going to Rogers, then PM and hopefully soon Virgin. 

@kusumah   you sure they don't meant the number was originally a Rogers number?  

but the lock sounds interesting.  give us an update how it turns out.  Always nice to learn something new.. (.. but I don't want to go through all these to learn it myself.. LoL)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kusumah : Wow! I'm gobsmacked. This far down the line and Rogers can still have a finger in it apart from "owning" the number. Incredible.

kusumah

Yes, so factual:

- All info from me are correct. 

- Number was ported from Rogers to PM 2018.

- Rogers has a port Lock on the number even after it was ported successfully to PM.

- Rogers doesn't use this "old system anymore". Maybe it was ported through that "old system" and the new one still had a lock on it.

- Now I am waiting for a call from Rogers. I do still have a service (Internet) with them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kusumah : Messy indeed. But support is all on Virgin. It's up to them to sort it all out. All PM needs to do is see the request and text you and you say YES and you're done here.

Are you sure you've been providing the right info for the port?

kusumah

Now it gets messy, Virgin sees my number as belonging to Rogers no PM. Not sure if I was ever with Rogers but I was with Koodo for sure. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kusumah : I've not heard of PM putting port locks on accounts. Did you possibly request that once upon a time? Just get Virgin to re-request the transfer and have your PM SIM in and confirm the transfer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kusumah 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,

kusumah

Ok, I think they did. Even told me to call Telus, which I did but they don't have access to PM system. Already a PM agent on my case, but they're not seeing the port, then again Virgin said there's a Port Lock on my number(is this normal?). Updated the Agent let's see what happens.

@kusumah If Virgin did whatever they did and was not working and if  you suspect it was something wrong on the PM side, you can also contact PM with this link: 

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

ref: Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

kusumah

Yes, pm sim still inside. Second call to Virgin, they said there is a “port lock”. Already updated ticket. Hope it’s fast enough before port expires. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kusumah : So you left the PM SIM in the phone from activation onward for a while? Like 90 minutes? You won't get that text with the Virgin SIM in.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kusumah wrote:

Hi, I'm porting out to Virgin. The Virgin CS instructed me to wait for a port out txt on the PM number which never came. Told me to contact PM because the port request will expire in 8 hours, but PM doesn't have instant/phone CS right. The ticket I opened quoted upto 48hours for a reply, and I fear it's going to be one of those things where I have to redo and chase around What else can I do?

You should ask Virgin to re-initiate the porting request if you don't hear back from PM in time.

Need Help? Let's chat.