cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Al260
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my Public mobile service has expired and is inactive. I am trying to port my number to Rogers. How can I complete this port now?

4 REPLIES 4

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You do need an "Active" number in order to do a port, so you will have to pay for a month of service at PM to activate the account (if it has been inactive for over 90 days then the account will be closed). Id suggest just paying for the cheapest monthly option so the number is active, then do the port.  
You can use the PM service for the month so you get your money's worth, or you can request a refund, but they do not guarantee refunds and it is very much up to their discretion. 

Keep in mind, as soon as you complete the port, your account at PM will be closed automatically. 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Al260 with an inactive account you cannot transfer your number out. If your account has been inactive for 90 days or longer you will have lost your number for good and your account will be closed.

If you really want to keep your old number you will need to make your account active again so that the number porting request can be completed but in doing so you will forfeit any remaining days on your PM account after you just paid to make it active unless you time it close to when the next renewal is due. TIP: do not try to time it on the very last day just in case there are issues with transferring out, best to do it when there are are least 2 or 3 days as a buffer

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Al260 

your PM account still active?  it must be active to port out the number

first ask Rogers to resend the port request, and this time, don't miss them 90 minutes.  You need to reply Yes to a text from PM to approve the port

in case you don't get the text still, you will have to ask support agent to check

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Al260  You need to make payment and have PM account active to port to Roger’s, leaving PM SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port to Roger’s , but when you make payment to PM you should just use PM service for next 27 days then port to Roger’s . pM is pre paid and no refunds so use up the time you pay for first would be my suggestion 

Need Help? Let's chat.