cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from another provider

zaackk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just signed up for public mobile, and I am trying to complete the activation process via the iOS mobile app, however it says "phone is not esim compatible", even though I am using an esim on my phone right now. Please advise on how to proceed? Appreciate it.

11 REPLIES 11

zaackk

I ended up contacting support and had to buy a physical sim, in the process of porting the number now. 

davegriese
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem .  Phone is not esim compatible.  How can I go back and register with a sim card?

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @zaackk ,

I just recently assisted another PM subscriber who ran into the same scenario with an iPhone (see here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/E-SIM-not-acitvatwd/m-p/1041430#M727027 ). 

Some suggested troubleshooting:

1. You may not be seeing the eSIM QR code sent to you by email if you have images in email messages turned off by default. For example, in GMail, you might have to click on "show images" at the top of the message. 
  2. Check Settings > Cellular > SIMs in your iPhone settings to see if there is a Public Mobile eSIM already installed. If so, toggle "turn on this line". If not, try installing the eSIM using the QR code sent by email.
  3. Check to see if your telephone number transferred in. Call that number from another cell phone or landline to see if the call terminates at Public Mobile voicemail. If you can find/install the eSIM, make a test call from your cell to another cell or landline to see if your transferred number shows on Call Display.

Hope this helps.

zaackk

I did not get a chance to pick a new number. It just goes straight to the error message. i will try submitting a ticket. Thanks.

HI @zaackk 

did you get a chance to pick new number or choose porting?

I think you need to submit ticket with CS agent for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

zaackk

Hi @hTideGnow , when I log into the app to proceed with the activation, it goes straight to step 6 of 6 and says "phone is not esim compatible".

HI@zaackk 

you are not completed with the activation yet if you have not use the app to go to Step 6 of 6

You need to download the app, login and then choose phone number or request porting.  

zaackk

Hi @softech, I am using an iphone 13. I dont think I got any QR code in my email (it had account information, order details, and link to download the app). When I created my Public Mobile Account, at the end of the registration process, there was a QR code provided to download the app, as that was needed to finish the activation.

zaackk

Hi, I dont think I got any QR code in my email (it had account information, order detail, and link to download the app). When I created my Public Mobile Account, at the end of the registration process, there was a QR code provided to download the app, as that was needed to finish the activation.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zaackk 

What iPhone do you have? if your iPhone has eSIM supported, then it should work

The error you got in fact could be just an error tell you the app was unable to install the eSIM for you automatically.

If you got the Welcome email from PM, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have any active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) or remove the physical sim.  And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.  Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @zaackk 

this is not a porting problem but eSIM activation

check your email for PM's welcome email, there is a QR code there for eSIM, scan it and try to install it.  If you can install the eSIM yourself, then click Reset network settings and test connection 

but if it does not help, then submit a ticket with CS agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.