cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my prepaid Koodo number to my new PM account

Mamh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to Public Mobile and as I was activating the account the instructions said to chose a random number and do the change of number after the activation was complete. I followed the instructions but when I tried to change he number it said my number was unable to transfer. 

I have a prepaid account with Koodo and is still active as it had to be for the number to be able to port. 

I sent a pm but have gotten no reply yet. I was wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime to facilitate / expedite the transfer since is a personal number that I also use for work I cannot be without a working phone line for long. 

4 REPLIES 4

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Mamh wrote:

I'm new to Public Mobile and as I was activating the account the instructions said to chose a random number and do the change of number after the activation was complete. I followed the instructions but when I tried to change he number it said my number was unable to transfer. 

I have a prepaid account with Koodo and is still active as it had to be for the number to be able to port. 

I sent a pm but have gotten no reply yet. I was wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime to facilitate / expedite the transfer since is a personal number that I also use for work I cannot be without a working phone line for long. 

Be sure that you want to port a phone number that you use for work....some messages are written here from people with this situation and it's not always funny to have to wait few days before the service is ok again after a failed payment for example...Smiley Frustrated

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mamh wrote:

I have a prepaid account withKoodoo and is still active as it had to be for the number to be able to port. 

@Mamh If you sent the moderator a message with the Koodoo account number, name and phone number they will process the port. Because Koodo and PM share the same backend system porting should not take long. In the meantime continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens just start using your PM sim. You should receive a text saying that the port completed. Welcome to Public Mobile.

GR
Mayor / Maire

That's all you can do, wait for the moderators and they'll have to port the number because it's a Koodo prepaid.  By tomorrow sometime you should hear from them

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry mate, I think you need to wait at this point... hopefully they get back to you soon!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.