cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number over

bsharma1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I am looking to port my number over to another carrier. I've already signed up with them, but I am unable to receive text message for the port request on my current Public mobile since it is suspended because I have to Top up the acct. 

Can any assist in this matter? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by comptuergeek541: Please do not contact the username "Moderator" to contact Public Mobile. "Moderator" is not a moderator and does not work for Pubilc Mobile.

11 REPLIES 11

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bsharma1  Yes, if your PM account is still accessible your Available Funds can be used to purchase the new plan. 

@bsharma1 that is a good plan.  To give enough time for porting, make sure you request porting on around day 25 and no later than that

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@bsharma1    Good idea. Looks like you found your solution.

bsharma1

Thanks everyone for your help. Will pay the top up for 1 month and port out next month 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@bsharma1 

Sorry but, when you ported out of PM already.  You forfeited all your available funds and minutes and data that was on the account.  So that $10 is lost.

You'll have to pay $15 for your top up first.

There's no way around that.

bsharma1

Yes that is what is happening right now. So if I change my plan to a $15 plan and I already have a $10 as available funds on my acct technically I just need to top up for another $5? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bsharma1 

If you don’t top up to Active your account.

You will need to pick a new number with your new carrier.

Since you opened an account with the other carrier and you didn’t get a text with the PM SIM in your phone…porting process will be cancelled in 90 minutes.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@bsharma1   Sorry no you'll have to pay up to top up your account first.

bsharma1

I was trying to avoid paying the top up charge again for a single text message to go through. Any way to do that?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bsharma1 you tagged the wrong person.   CS support is @CS_Agent 

but no, you need your account active to port out.  So, change to $15 plan and reactivate 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@bsharma1   You can do that yourself from inside your account.  You'll have to login and pay if needed.

Sorry if you've already ported out your account is closed.

So send a private message to CS_Agent for help.   You can also use the chat bot Simon.

Need Help? Let's chat.