cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number out

Laurie81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why will public mobile not respond to my request to port my number???? 

11 REPLIES 11

Willow23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They couldn’t get through the next step after I replied to the sms.  We don’t know why.    She said if I got the port out number it might work.   We didn’t think to use the IMEI number.   That works too? 

Willow23

Yes me neither.   We were both baffled but pm came back to say there was no request

@Willow23- All support is to be provided by the new provider. All this side needs is to be active and to reply to the text. After that, they are the ones to help you. Public doesn't block ports. Did you give the new provider your account number or did you use IMEI? Account number is always better.

Hi @Willow23 

If yiu replied a sms from PM, your new carrier already able to find the account, not sure why broken. 

But you  can submit ticket with CS agent here and ask:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Willow23

Sorry…..so the new provider was not able to complete the transfer due to the block from public 

Willow23

After I replied yes to the text message the new provider could not continue as they got an error message saying there was no record of my account.   I called the number provider in the text message and they say theylre was no record of a port out request 

@Willow23 

your PM account is active and you can still receive incoming calls and text?
Call your new provider and ask them the status.  Since you replied yes to OM's text, it should be done within 1 to 4 hours.  Reboot your phone with the new sim card every 30 mins until you can receive incoming calls

Willow23

I am trying to port out my number. The new provider has no success.   I reply yes and it has no record of the request.    How do I get my port out number? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you’re wanting to port out of public mobile – however, you haven’t confirmed that is the case.

I’ll send you a number which can help with porting.

To get it, check your private message box by tapping the little envelope icon upper right when you see a red number on the icon.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Laurie81 

If you are porting out of PM, you will need your new carrier to restart the porting process but you need to reply (with the PM SIM in your phone) to the text from PM with YES confirming you are porting out to your new carrier.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The account here needs to be active and you need to keep this sim in a phone to reply to the text from here.

Need Help? Let's chat.