cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues

xfaiza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I tried to port in a number from Rogers. I got a text on my Rogers line saying "We're having trouble transferring your number." I tried to put in the port again but I'm no longer able to. I'm wondering if this is an issue because I have two phone numbers tied to one account number with Rogers and that I should have used the IMEI of the phone and not the account number? Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

hi @Fd3 you still just need to provide PM thr account number and phone number and it will be good

will send you the Porting team number 

Fd3

HI, I am having the same issue: two lines and one account number.

Your assistance is appreciated greatly.

xfaiza

I have have two phones, onw with my PM sim and the other with my Rogers sim, I never got the text to confirm port request, instead I got a text saying "We're having trouble transferring your number." 

xfaiza

Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xfaiza 

Yes, better to use account number instead of IMEI

There is a number to call to talk to live support and update the info,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @xfaiza ,

You need to leave your old SIM in your phone so you will receive the text from your old carrier confirming you are porting over to PM. There will be a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will be incomplete.

Also, your old account must be active before you can port over.

Need Help? Let's chat.