cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

brentonkruger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

I switched to public mobile yesterday following all the information PM gives, but I can't recieve calls, send or recieve texts, and my data doesn't work.

I have checked the APN settings, which all look correct.

I can call out, but it shows up as unknown number, but when someone calls me, they get a message saying they reached a number that isn't signed up for recieving calls.

I'm not sure what else to do

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

brentonkruger

Several. at least a half dozen.

The phone is definitely unlocked too. I'm just waiting for the mods to get back to me at this point

@brentonkruger, I assume you've attempted restarting your phone various times?

As you're coming from Virgin, your phone isn't an issue, if it was being used on virgin, as long as it is unlocked - but that would be asking you to unlock the phone, which it doesn't seem to be doing.

No, Virgin although slow, should not require help if all information was correct.

You're asking all the right questions, and everything should work if you provided correct information.  It just sounds like this port went wrong, and unfortunately, need to wait for the mods to respond.

Good Luck - you'll love it here once you're up and running.  I'm almost 2.5 years in now.

brentonkruger

Hmm. Hopefully they get to me quickly.

My old service was with virgin mobile, just a regular plan.

Is that included in the list of services with porting issues?

Response times seem varied at this point.  24 hours - 72.  The more info you can provide up front (detail of problem, phone number, PIN, and account number) the better.

What was your old service?  Prepaid Koodo, Petro Can, PC Mobile, etc???  These in particular actually require moderator assistance to port in.

brentonkruger

Thanks @stonechucker,

To clarify, my number was active when I ported it.

It's a mobile number I'm porting, and the old sim doesn't work any more.

I've also recieved a message from PM saying that my number was ported sucessfully too.

I'll contact the mods. How long can I expect to wait for them?

@brentonkruger, thanks for posting that - just confirming you had some type of calling plan, which indeed you do.

Your port-in number - was it still active when you requested the number transfer?  If not, that could be the issue, as a non-active (working) number cannot be transferred.

Mobile number, or Landline being ported?  Landline (and VoIP) take longer.  If mobile, old sim would normally still work in a stuck port, but if they're getting a no available talk message, that would indicate number has been transferred successfully to the new provider but has been released from the old provider already.

You'll need to contact the Moderator_Team via the envelope icon in the top right of this screen, sending them a private message with your details.

brentonkruger

Sure thing.

Picture is below.

pub_mob_account.png

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Please take a screenshot of your Plan Detail from your self-serve screens.  Make sure you hide personal/account number etc information.

Need Help? Let's chat.