cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in from Zoomer Wireless

ChonkZilla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

I'm trying to port in from Zoomer Wireless but I'm not seeing an option for them under the list of previous service providers. Can anyone who has ported in in the past advise on which option I would need to choose?

From a quick google search it seems like porting in from Zoomer appears to be quite time consuming, also curious if people can chime in with their experiences.

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChonkZilla 

I found the following from my old Zoomer invoice:

Cityfone is the program service provider, reseller and biller fort he Zoomer Wireless program. All customer service support inconnection with the Zoomer Wireless program is provided to you by Cityfone

Use Cityfone as the provider should work.

IIRC, I use Cityfone when I port my first number from Zoomer to PM over 3 years ago.

Wpgcall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pick CityPhone, that’s what I did and it worked well! 

ChonkZilla

Thanks for all your help. I'm in contact with the PM support now. 

@ChonkZilla wrote:

It's 647-855

I checked the eligibility on the koodo link you posted in the thread earlier and it said it was eligible.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

@ChonkZilla   Ok,   I misread your post and i thought it said your number cannot be port into here.. but you confirm it works.. Perfect!!

You opened the ticket with PM Support via direct message?  just wait for their reply. See if they can fix the issue or if they will just take your request and arrange the porting

ChonkZilla

It's 647-855

I checked the eligibility on the koodo link you posted in the thread earlier and it said it was eligible.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

ChonkZilla

Thanks! I've sent them a message. 

@ChonkZilla wrote:

Just as an update. I tried checking the eligibility of a different number and the forms show up. It just doesnt work for the number from zoomer wireless. I had actually ported in the number from PM to zoomer 2 years back, not sure if that impacts anything. 

Do you mind to give us the area code and the first 3 digits of the phone number?  Can try to look it up for you with other way for eligibility

@ChonkZilla   Please open a ticket with PM support via direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

using this is easier without the login issue

ChonkZilla

Just as an update. I tried checking the eligibility of a different number and the forms show up. It just doesnt work for the number from zoomer wireless. I had actually ported in the number from PM to zoomer 2 years back, not sure if that impacts anything. 

ChonkZilla

Hi softech, thanks for your help.

I've tried multiple browsers but have the same issue. Tried submitting a ticket but it's telling me there is an error when i try to log into my community account. The login details works when logging into the forums so there are no issues there. Getting kinda of frustrated. Is the only way to contact PM support via support tickets?

@ChonkZilla Could be a browser issue

try to use a different browser (IE/Chrome/Firefox),  or Incognito mode, or clear cache then close all browser windows and relaunch.. or if still fails, try on another computer

if none of these works, open a ticket with PM Support and request porting via a ticket

ChonkZilla

Hi popping,

Thank you for the solution. I've registered a new PM number and tried to change the number in my self service account but when I enter my old number and click on "Check Eligibility" nothing happens. It shows that it was processed since the gears turn but nothing comes up at all. Just curious if you would know what to do in this scenario. 

@softech wrote:

I think Activation - Porting form should made the same as the My Account-Change Number porting form.  New subscribers like OP won't know all this little details and it will scare people away.  OP just smart enough to ask

@computergeek541  , can you find out why the forms are different? can they make the same?  as a minimum, maybe has a line explaining that in the activtion-porting page

For as long as I can remember porting in during activation has required the customer to select the old carrier from a list.  I can't think of any logical reason why the forms are different during activation compared to post-activation.

@Anonymous wrote:

I would also vote that they make the payment card entry screen as simple as the activation payment card entry screen. KOODO REAPPROV be danged. (other than saying so)

Should put Telus there just in case.. I have a feeling it will join soon.. LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also vote that they make the payment card entry screen as simple as the activation payment card entry screen. KOODO REAPPROV be danged. (other than saying so)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I think Activation - Porting form should made the same as the My Account-Change Number porting form.  New subscribers like OP won't know all this little details and it will scare people away.  OP just smart enough to ask

@computergeek541  , can you find out why the forms are different? can they make the same?  as a minimum, maybe has a line explaining that in the activtion-porting page

@softech wrote:

@ChonkZilla   Try to activate first and then submit a ticket AFTER successful activation to PM Support for manual porting request instead

if you want to confirm, check your number eligibility here:

(FYI, both Koodo and PM owns by Telus, so , this portal from Koodo is ok for PM)

A ticket wouldn't normally need to be opened for this.  Using the instructions that @popping has provided, the porting procedure through Self Serve will not prompt for a carrier name when porting from another wireless carrier.  To this day, I'm uncerstain why Public Mobile has a old carrier selection during activation since Public Mobile will know the carrier based solely on the phone number (the porting systems can see the current carrier information).

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Get your PM service active and in order; pick some (temporary) number and confirm you have full service (SMS/call in.out).

THEN and only then start worrying of porting your zoomer number. One thing at the time...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ChonkZilla   

there is no need for the live chat.  Live Chat will always ask you to come and post your question here, which you did

You got the best answer already:  Activate first with new number and request porting after.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChonkZilla 

1.   Zoomer is not on the list of provider using the porting form during activation.  But you can activate your PM plan by getting a PM number and port your Zoomer number to PM later.  Refer to Step 2 for details.

2.  After you activation and login to your self-serve account and use the Change Number link to port your Zoomer number to PM.  This port number form allows you to enter the name of the provider and let you continue to provide other porting info.

Make sure to keep your Zoomer SIM card in your phone to receive the port out confirmation SMS and reply YES befor Zoomer release your phone number to PM.  It takes about 30 minutes for Zoomer to release your phone number to PM.  

Welcome to PM.  Let us know if you have other question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChonkZilla 

you can try to do llive chat with agent Online Activation Assistance (telus.com).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ChonkZilla   Try to activate first and then submit a ticket AFTER successful activation to PM Support for manual porting request instead

if you want to confirm, check your number eligibility here:

(FYI, both Koodo and PM owns by Telus, so , this portal from Koodo is ok for PM)

Need Help? Let's chat.