cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from zoomer

Sbellotti84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey friends,

Trying  to port from zoomer and got the error text message. Can someone DM me the porting number for PM? I called Telus and they couldn’t help. 

thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

BHL

Hello, I just ported from Zoomer Wireless a few days ago and ran into problems as well.  Now solved. 

1) For some reason, the program would not accept my (Zoomer Wireless) account number and I was forced to use my IMEI.  But you need to submit the original IMEI when you first signed up with Zoomer for them to port your number.  I have updated my iphone so the current IMEI number submitted did not work.  Call Customer Service for Zoomer and obtain the IMEI number on record.

2) Compose a direct message to Public Mobile customer service to redo the Porting process (at CS_Agent).  They will need the IMEI number from Zoomer and account.  My request was completed in under a few hours. 

I hope this works.  B

@Sbellotti84  It’s usually best to just use old providers account number and ignore the IMEI call porting team and just give the account number and they can re trigger port request for you no worries 

HI @Sbellotti84 

yes, safer to use account number.

Call the number i sent you and give porting team the zoomer account number

then wait an hour or so and call Zoomer # I posted above to confirm if they got the porting request

Sbellotti84

Yup I chose city phone but I guess I shoulda have given the zoomer account number during the port 

Sbellotti84

Hey!  Got the standard 

“Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat”

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sbellotti84 

Sent, please check your Community inbox.

What error did you get? you chose CityFone as the carrier and you put in account number?

Also, I hve helped another one with Zoomer transfer this morning, please note that Zoomer might not send text for porting authorization, they might just port and close account after the request is received

you can call  Zoomer at 1-888-281-2107 to confirm the port-out (but you don't need to ask them to close the account.  Once ported is done, account will be closed)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sbellotti84  Yes done sent !

Need Help? Let's chat.