cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Rogers

msbic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone.

Just ported my mom's phone from Rogers to Public.

She can place calls, but cannot receive.

How long does a port usually take to complete?

13 REPLIES 13

@Sviechnikov 

yes, only call PM transfer team  after you sorted with Rogers (Rogers account must still be active and you have the Rogers sim to receive the text and reply YES within 90 mins)

I have sent the phone number to your Community inbox

Sviechnikov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @softech,

I'm also tried to port From Rogers to PM, but missed the step when I should receive SMS from Rogers and unfortunately deleted their sSIM from my phone, my bad =(. I called Rogers, and they said that I needed to call PM and ask them to restart the process. 

Could you send me a number of somebody from PM's support? 

Thank you in advance.

chadyyc

Can I please get the support number @softech ?  Ported a Rogers number to PM.  Thought everything worked, but apparently we missed the step (of leaving the Rogers sim in a device to receive/respond to the transfer approval / authentication sms).  It's been more than 12 hours.  We can receive calls from PM phones, just not another network nor a Shaw/Rogers landline (callers get sent straight to voicemail).  Thanks.

@Fernkeus chexk your Community Inbox, I will send your the porting support team phone number 

Fernkeus

I’m having the same issues with my fathers phone. I changed his from Bell to PM on Tuesday. And he can dial out on phone but not receive calls. I missed the text on Tuesday and replied to it today (Friday). I called Bell, and they said nee request has to come from PM. How do I request this from PM?

msbic

Just received a text from Rogers, everything is OK. Thanks everyone

msbic

Thanks a lot.

@msbic  the text she can receive might be just iMessage or RCS, not really SMS.   please call the porting support team I messaged you to confirm if porting completed

@msbic 

You need the Rogers SIM in her phone to get the text…you have 90 minutes to reply with YES.

msbic

She can receive texts and place calls. But she cannot receive calls.

No SMS came from Rogers though

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@msbic 

You need to reply to the text with the Rogers SIM in her phone and the Rogers SIM will continue to work until the porting process is completed… this will take about an hour then power off the phone then switch the SIM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@msbic  did your mom or your helped her to reply a text from Rogers on her Rogers sim card to approve the porting?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.