cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Koodo to Public mobile.

krishna_dutta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

Hi, I am trying to port my existing mobile number to Public from Koodo. I see that on the last step for the e-SIM setup on the app, I see an error message and I need help with that. Let me know what information you need to help me with that. Thank you!

IMG_125F079042B2-1.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13

krishna_dutta

It is fixed now. Thank you all!

Don't toss it yet. Just remove it to see what happens. Do you have another phone that you can put the old sim in to see if it still works (when you get it out)? You can use lots of pins. Safety pin, sewing pin, metal toothpick.

krishna_dutta

The old sim is in the phone. I don't have a pin to open the slot. I lost signal. I did restart and see. I think I will to find a pin and discard the old sim card. Thanks!

Is your old service still working? Is the old sim still in the phone (if it's a card) ? If no and yes in that order then fully power off the phone and remove the old sim and restart. If your old sim is still working then the port didn't go. But that doesn't help that you have no service. You should have some service.

Adding - we still don't know if that was Koodo pre-paid or Koodo postpaid.
And what is the make and model of the phone?

krishna_dutta

I was able to port successfully I think. I have no signal on my phone for the past 5 hours. 

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do not think chatbot can help us on this issue.

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you please confirm whether your transferring number from other carrier services is done, if not, please wait for its completion, and then you can restart activation. But if you previous SIM card has already had no signal, that means porting is finished, but for this case, your e-sim seems invalid, you had better buy new e-sim card from my account of app, and then follow activation process again. Because I meet the same problem, I follow this way and solve it!

krishna_dutta

I am trying to activate the eSIM. In the process, I tried to port an existing phone number. There is no such thing as a sim manager on iPhone. I think I should cancel the payment I made to Public Mobile. It shouldn't be this difficult to do anything. 

krishna_dutta

Also, I tried the chatbot. I don't think the chatbot can handle a situation like this. Wish there was a customer care number to talk to someone. 

HI @krishna_dutta 

iPhone or Android?

and check your email to see if you get a Welcome email from PM, there is a QR code there and you can manually install the eSIM

krishna_dutta

@hTideGnow I am trying to activate the eSIM. I don't think I saw the option to activate the sim. I opened the app, and I followed the steps. On the last step, I see the error message I posted as attachment. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@krishna_dutta  If it’s Koodo pre paid you need to pick a temp PM number then get support to help you port it over . Here’s a direct link to support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @krishna_dutta 

the problem is more activation problem instead of porting

are you trying to activate eSIM?  If you are, please  check your sim manager or Cellular screen and see if the esim with PM is already install, make sure it is Turn On or enabled

if you are not activating esim , please submit ticket with CS agent here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.