cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting existing phone number

steph01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently have a couples plan with Cityfone. The account is in the other persons name and they want to keep that plan and their phone number for awhile longer. I would like to port the second phone (my phone) over to PM sooner. I'm guessing that may be a problem as my name and phone don't match the account holders name and phone number. Should I still be able to do this with my phones IEMI number after activation of a new PM account and not affect the Cityfone account holders phone and number?

4 REPLIES 4

steph01

Thanks for the info Softech. Much appreciated.

@steph01 

1) provide your Cityfone account number together with the phone number to be ported is good enough. Don't provide IMEI as usually that causes problems

2) The account number field is 9 digits, so  add 00 to the 7-digit account number that is shown in your  Cityfone Wireless account

3) Cityfone does not send a porting authorization text so there is no YES to reply.  They also do it send a text to confirm that the transfer is complete

steph01

Hey.

I assume at some point during the port authorization process that I will need to provide my phones IEMI number (my phone that's currently linked to Cityfone) in order to identify which of our 2 phones to port?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @steph01 

name on account does not matter

just provide the proper account number and when you receive a porting authorization text from cityfone, reply Yes to the text. 

Need Help? Let's chat.