cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number but can't access PM account

Serendipitydw1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up a new PM account for my Aunt.  We thought it was all done porting over etc, texting on it fine yesterday.  But today can't text on it...messages look like they have sent ok, but aren't received by her friends.  and others have texted my aunt, but she doesn't get their texts now.

Now I go to login to her account but can't login, I'm being told that a code is going to be sent to a phone number that isn't my aunts number.  login with email and confirmed that ok, but can't confirm the phone number.  My guess is the number porting hasn't finished yet but I don't have the temporary number my account was originally given as I just went to porting a number....didn't see a temporary one.

Serendipitydw1_0-1708999965205.png

4 REPLIES 4

Serendipitydw1

So the porting team was not able to help as the number we were trying to port over has been deactivated.  So they gave me a new number.  But the phone doesn't get the text messages. Any ideas what I should do or how to contact PM for help?  The porting team said i need to contact them now.

@Serendipitydw1 there is no temporary phone number for porting, a very common misconception.  You only have the same number while waiting for the port to  complete

call your old provider and see if they can take your verbal approval for the porting.  Once sorted with the old provider colder PM porting team i sent you to ask them to re-trigger the porting 

Serendipitydw1

Thanks for your help, I don't have the old sim card.  She had lost her phone.  I assume PM assigned her a temporary number, but didn't write it down as she was into her account ok when logging on and she was texting on the new number.  Now it seems that step was missed and she can't text etc.  and we can't login because it wants to verify the temporary number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Serendipitydw1 

let's check if the porting was completed first

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.