cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and SIM card Issue

WolfandSheep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in a bit of a weird spot. I just bought a new phone and when trying to take the SIM out of my old phone the tray broke and now my old phone has a stuck SIM in it. I tried to get it out but it's just stuck so I decided to order a new SIM. Unfortunately I haven't logged into my account in a long time so I count remember my password. I tried to restart it but my account is so old I used an email that I don't use or have access to anymore. Because I can't use any of the authentication systems for a MMS code or an email code for a password reset, I attempted to use the chat bot. The chat bot can only deal with one issue at a time, one requiring me to log into my account and the other looking me back to the first so I never actually get to the part for a service ticket... I just need a new SIM sent to me, but it would almost be easier to make a new account at this point. So... now I've made this account to just get help with the issue. If anyone could help that would be amazing.

4 REPLIES 4

@WolfandSheep for sim order, you don't have to login My Account to do so (of course, you will need to login to update sim card number after you got the sim)

To get the new sim, buy it from:

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

As per @Phil_Adelphus best to reach out to CS to try to reset things. OR... if you have a mobile phone repair shop in your area, go there in person, ask them "since you guys are experts, how do you get a SIM card out of the phone when the tray is broken?" They may say... let's see...  take your phone and nicely get it out. Then say... oh gee, thank you, I was really worried...  how much do I owe you?....  and they'll be like... eh, don't worry about it. And just thank them and then place that SIM card into your phone. Remember, always act overly nice to get people to offer free service. It has never failed me! 🙂

@WolfandSheep , seeing that your old phone is likely a door wedge given the broken SIM tray, have you thought about trying to physically extract the SIM without damaging it but not sparing the phone any harm?  This might get you up and running right away, but eventually you will need to recover account access.  It is not a good idea to use an abandoned email address for the cell account.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@WolfandSheep  You can contact customer service via this link, which only requires you to be logged in to this community

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

But getting a sim card would be much quicker from a corporate Telus/Koodo store (or Mobile Klinik) or from Amazon.  It can take from a few days to a few weeks if ordered direct from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.