cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Problem

Lesleygu28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I switched to Public Mobile but my previous provider never received any porting request from Public Mobile therefore they are not able to release my number from their end. Currently I can't call out and receiving text messages. Is there any agent who can help to push the porting request to Shaw Mobile?

Lesley

5 REPLIES 5

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Lesleygu28 wrote:

Hi I switched to Public Mobile but my previous provider never received any porting request from Public Mobile therefore they are not able to release my number from their end. Currently I can't call out and receiving text messages. Is there any agent who can help to push the porting request to Shaw Mobile?

Lesley

Can't call out isn't because of porting.  You need help of of a CS_Agent, not the porting people.  Fix the no outgoing calls first and then fix the porting.

Lesleygu28

I just called and they are closed. I will call tomorrow morning. thank you.

@Lesleygu28   Just message you.  You can try to call now and it will be automated , let see if it can help you now.  If not, I think they open at 10am for live support

And you are able to make outgoing calls on your PM Sim? Even porting not done, you should be at least able to make outgoing calls.  if you cannot, reboot the phone once again and see.  If still fail let me know if you see any message on the phone status on top

Lesleygu28

okay, thank you. I would like to resolve this tomorrow morning if possible. When will be good time to talk to a live person?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lesleygu28   

Yes, the porting won't complete without the text.

But you can at least call out from your PM SIM?  (if you cannot not even make outgoing calls,  there is another issue other than porting.  Is there any error showing on the phone?  Did the phone shows "Sim not provisioned" or "No Network" or "No SIM"?)

For your porting issue, there is a porting team number you can call to get this sorted out, have them to retrigger the text or you update them with missing information.  I will message you via Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.   But it is a bit late tonight, you might want to call tomorrow late morning so you can talk to a live person.

Need Help? Let's chat.