Did you mean: 

Porting New Number in and Old Number Out

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi All,

I'm looking to

1) Switch my phone number to a new one

2) Transfer my current phone number to a family member

What's the best way to do this so that I can retain my current plan and rewards?

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sm2016   there is now way to transfer your number without losing your plan or reward. 😞

You can transfer everything (phone number, plan, reward) by simply changing email address (which is also the login name)  with the help of Mod.   

Do you  currently have a grandfather plan with decent rewards?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sm2016 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking to

1) Switch my phone number to a new one

2) Transfer my current phone number to a family member

What's the best way to do this so that I can retain my current plan and rewards?

@sm2016 

You can switch your number to a new one, but you can't give your existing number to a friend at the same time.

Best way to accomplish this (if you want THEM to have your number) is for YOU to get a new SIM and activate a new number.   However, they will get your service and SIM and retain your service plan and rewards.   They would also be best advised to register their e-mail address and payment card to the account so it truly becomes "their" account.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

If you're going to do this, you can contact a Moderator to change your username/e-mail address to theirs by the following:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.