cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Bell 4 days ago, still not receiving text from Bell, not sure others

chen_w_m
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile numbers perfectly fine. Did receive a cancel service text from Bell, ported successfully. Submitted a ticket 4 days ago, still not solving the problem. Anyone else is in the same boat with me? Very frustrating! Has done everything agent told me to do, keep telling me to wait another 24 to 72 hours! What else? If this problem is not being solved, will I be able to get refund?

23 REPLIES 23

@chen_w_m   you said you cannot get calls from particular numbers.  How many?  are they all from Bell or from a specific providers?  Try to find out from those people which provider they use.  This can happen if they use VoIP or some smaller provider. 

Calls are just like network routing and each provider keep a routing table to decide if the calls leave the network or where to pass to.  If the provider failed to update your number to a correct provider, it could caused the situation you are experiencing now.

chen_w_m

It's been a week, I still have no solution. I called Bell, Bell said my number was successful transferred out, they are not holding anything. It must be public mobile issues.  Agents have been sending me the same message, 

I know it is frustrating to not be able to receive text messages from particular numbers. I have checked the ticket that was sent to the engineers from Technical Department and we do not have an update yet.

I have just left them a note asking for updates and as soon as they reply, I'll let you know.

Regarding a refund, at the moment, the case is still under investigation and we are waiting for the Tech Team to give a conclusion.

I guess they are just waiting for me losing patience then leave on my own! Great!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Were you able to try the sim in another phone as someone said earlier and see if a Bell (or Virgin/Lucky) customer text comes in?

chen_w_m

Didn't try with virgin or Lucky, but Rogers and telus all work fine. Public Mobile agent said they don't see any text come through from those numbers texted me, but I am sure they did text me. I don't know which one should blame at this point. If this issue is consistent, I will have to go somewhere else.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So now it sounds a little like my issue except you're not getting texts. I can't receive calls from Telus/Koodo/Public subscribers on one of my phones with the Public sim in. I put a Fido sim in and call and it works fine. Other providers come through fine. Can you see about someone on Virgin or Lucky texting in? My issue has been ongoing for several weeks now without resolution.

@chen_w_m   It could be problem with Bell or PM.  

I could be that Bell's text system not routing out the text out of the Bell system and the text never reach PM system at all

I think you opened ticket with PM Support already?  ask them for an update

chen_w_m

Yes. I can get texts and calls from other providers, Also I can get calls from Bell as well but not text. Do you think it is still Bell system?

@chen_w_m   are you getting incoming text or voice call from people on another providers, like Rogers?

So, you are not getting any text or voice from any users on Bell (or even Virgin or Lucky, they are all on Bell system)?

chen_w_m

OK. I was being exaggerated. I said nothing works meant  I have tried everything they told me, like take out sim card, reinsert sim card, reboot my phone, clear cache,etc, but nothing works. I can get most services but no texts from Bell customers. I can call Bell peeps and receive calls or send texts to them but not receiving texts. I don't think it's my phone issue, it must be their end. I looked up, some people had similar issues, but did they eventually solved or just left public mobile. I missed some important texts, really want to solve this. I called telus too, it seems they don't know what's going on. Waiting for a technician to call me, but so far they haven't called yet. Thanks for your input. I hope I got this clear now.

@chen_w_m wrote:

Nothing works! Transfer was done successfully, only not getting texts from Bell customers, Rogers, telus all work. Isn't this strange? Seems like no 9ne else have this issue?

@chen_w_m  You say "Nothing works!"

Well, then I'd have to say I answered under this thread, so far, understanding all your services are working with public mobile using the number you ported over with Bell.

If nothing works then either your port did not complete (it failed for some reason..was the Bell account closed before porting completed?).

Or, this is a device issue, try the SIM card into another compatible phone to see if things work.

Or, an account activation issue, or other ??

But, then you say " only not getting texts from Bell customers, Rogers, telus all work". ?

So, what does this mean...this is confusing and conflicting.

If you submitted a ticket 4 days (now 5 days ago), what were you asking in this ticket?

Oh. The way you were saying this earlier sounded like you weren't getting texts from Bell themselves. Leaving us wondering??

Then you say nothing works but then say you get texts from some provider customers. Your messaging is confusing.

What works? Calls incoming and outgoing? Texts incoming and outgoing? Internet browsing? And maybe even your other detail of calls and texts from which all provider customers?

chen_w_m

Nothing works! Transfer was done successfully, only not getting texts from Bell customers, Rogers, telus all work. Isn't this strange? Seems like no 9ne else have this issue?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm still not clear on the chronology of events and actions taken. So this is what should happen

1. activate Public and start the transfer request during activation

2. leave old sim in and wait for confirmation text

3. reply to confirmation text

4. remove old sim

5. insert new sim

6. wait a little while for all inbound services to work, ie calling

7. this closes the old account

8. throw out old sim or keep as a souvenir

What are you waiting for? Can you still access the old account? Does the old sim still work?

@chen_w_m 

you are porting in your number from Bell into PM , right?

there is a number you can call and talk to live support for account status, they can re-trigger the porting request, I will message you the number.  Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

@chen_w_m    What text are you waiting from Bell? 

If the porting was successful and your number is working, i.e., calling in/out, texting and data, then your Bell account would be closed. 

Do you have full phone service with PM right now?  If you do, then there's no need for contact with Bell or PM customer support unless there's another issue you're wanting to resolve?

@chen_w_m wrote:

Transfer was done, I did receive a message from bell when I was activating my new public mobile sim card. It seems porting was completed but just not receiving text from Bell. Very strange. Don't know why this happened.

Message from Bell meaning the cancelation text @chen_w_m ? Yes, strange you didn't receive the SMS text from Bell to approve the port first.

Did you happen to cancel your Bell service directly with them at any point? 

...Unless you mean, your public mobile phone number was a temporary one that you activated with, and not the Bell number you want ported over. Is this your situation?

The Bell account needs to be active to be able to port over to Public Mobile.

chen_w_m

Transfer was done, I did receive a message from bell when I was activating my new public mobile sim card. It seems porting was completed but just not receiving text from Bell. Very strange. Don't know why this happened.

chen_w_m

I have been getting answers, but useless. Just try to see anyone else is in the same boat. Thx tho

@chen_w_m   

Was you able to port your number over when you activated or are still waiting to port it?  Sorry , it's not quite clear from your post if the transfer happened.  If you're still waiting to transfer the number, then you need to keep old account active and keep the Bell SIM in your phone and respond with a YES within 90 minutes.  If you missed it the first time around, I'll private message you the Telus porting # which can be called to have the transfer text request be resubmitted.  Check your message box top right of the screen.  Otherwise send another ticket to customer support as a response shouldn't take more than couple of days at the most, usually it's under two hours.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chen_w_m so all services work, even incoming calls? If so, sounds like the port completed okay.

So, what is the issue..is it that you never received the Bell SMS text to approve the port? If you are unclear about the port, then respond to the last message from the ticket you had with the public mobile customer service agent.

@chen_w_m 

yeah i see it but you know some ticket it's take 48 hr and after 48 hr not get any answer then send private message with your ticket number.

chen_w_m

If you read my post, you should see that I submitted a ticket 4 days ago

Timer
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.