cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number, but doesn't seem to be complete

fx4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported in a number, when dialing out, it displays the number on the other side.

but when people call back that number, it goes to my old line.

it was a voip number. @Moderator_Team

6 REPLIES 6

@fx4 wrote:

I ported in a number, when dialing out, it displays the number on the other side.

but when people call back that number, it goes to my old line.

it was a voip number. @Moderator_Team

It's not complete.

Things will stay like this until the phone number has been transfered.  Your ported phone number showing for outgoing calls before the transfer is done is normal because of how Public Mobile does things.  Not all carriers do it like this.

CWTA (Canadian Wireless Telecom Association) says 48 hours for landlines, for which they consider VoIP to be equivalent to.  It could take less time, or it could take more, but what we do know is that your number has not yet been ported.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

VoIP number porting takes a lot longer than wireless number porting.  In the mean time, ensure the VoIP account remains in active status to ensure porting eligibility. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fx4 

Porting an VoIP line will take a few days.  PM had done its work.  It is up to the other party to release your VoIP number to PM.

AaronM

Ah yea I bet you need to wait just a bit more.  I think the magic is happening in the background still.  

fx4

thank you, I ported last night, can dial out right away and displays the right number, but until now, when calling that number, it still goes to the old line.

AaronM

Hi there, how long have you been waiting?  I ported my number from Ooma last week, and I was able to call out and text out from my phone about 12 hours before I could receive calls.  All in all it took close to 30 hours to fully complete.  

If its past that I would think you have a stuck port and need to reach out to the moderators.  

Need Help? Let's chat.