cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported my number from Koodo w/ eSim - Now EverSafe its asking to confirm my identity via 2 factor

FormerKoodoGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for Public Mobile. I selected eSim and wanted to port my number from Koodo. I followed the prompt from the app and activated the eSim. Selected the eSim as my main simcard from the simcard manager. Now EverSafe is requested that I 'Confirm Your Identity' with a 6-digit code sent to my number. Do I just need to wait until the porting is complete? I switched sim cards and didn't receive the text yet. 

6 REPLIES 6

@FormerKoodoGuy 

is your Koodo sim physical or esim?

if Koodo sim is physical, test in another phone or you can test on your phone and disable (not delete) your PM esim to test if Koodo account is active

if your Koodo sim is esim, you can also disable your PM sim (again, not delete) and enable your Koodo esim and then test calling 

But if you cannot even make calls on your PM esim when the PM esim profile is set as active, that would be a esim provisioning problem, you will need to message support and ask them to reprovision the esim on the system.

Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there       

FormerKoodoGuy

Surprised at how quickly I am receiving help. Feels like Koodo back when it was cool. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @FormerKoodoGuy 

I don't think you can use email to receive the code until your account is validated (received the code via sms as least once)

You said you activated your esim and set as active, can you receive inbound calls to your PM esim? if you cannot, the port is not completed.  I would wait till the port is done before trying to access My Account.  After port is done, you will be able to receive the 2FA code via sms to your PM esim

FormerKoodoGuy

I had to reset my phone lol. Still not able to send texts but am receiving them and am able to call out. I think this might have to do with RCS as I use google messages/beeper. 

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can receive the code through email.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FormerKoodoGuy 

is your Koodo account still active?  If so, the code would have sent to your Koodo sim card until the port is completed

To check if your Koodo account is active, Reboot phone with the Koodo sim inside and make a call with the Koodo sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.