cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Over, SMS does not work, iMessage fails verification

Haziq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I ported my number over last night, it’s been about 12 hours and I cannot receive SMS messages (I don’t receive 2FA messages) and my iMessage fails to verify my phone number. I reset my network settings, turned iMessage and FaceTime off and restarted my phone and turned both on again without any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Did the port over fail? 

4 REPLIES 4

Haziq

I did but it seemingly didn’t go through, all good though as I mentioned below. 

Haziq

This issue was resolved with the help of CS. 

The first issue was due to the port not being completed. I did send the response back to my old provider once I received the SMS but it must not have gone through properly. PM had to resend the port request, and I had to get a new SIM again from old provider. So, sort of a headache but then it worked. 

iMessage was still not verifying my number even after that, so PM had to issue me a new eSIM and that resolved the iMessage verification issue. 

@Haziq 

Not sure if you are still having issues.  Are you able to receive phone calls?  

If you are unable to receive phone call and unable to receive texts, then likely a porting issue.  You should be able to call out and text out though. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Haziq  Did you leave your old providers sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? If you missed that step I’ll send you the porting team number they can re trigger the port request for you . If you didn’t miss that step it maybe just account setup issue in that case you can direct message support to help using this link 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.