cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port successful, Wind service cancelled but number not ported. Port stuck?

coconutcreampie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently convinced a family member to switch to PM but something had gone wrong with the port and I am now really worried that we lost their existing Wind telephone number.

When they ported their number from Wind on the PM website, they got a port was successful message. After that, 30 minutes later, the service from Wind was cancelled and they sent a bill to charge the remaining bill.

However, we checked the SIM and the number was NOT ported, and the SIM is still with the previous telephone number. Now we are scared we lost our existing Wind number forever. Did the port get stuck? We really hope there is something that can be done to get our Wind number back, despite our service had already been cancelled during the port.

Any help would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @coconutcreampie,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your porting concern.

I am happy to inform you that the port has been completed! If you haven't already, simply power cycle your phone and enjoy your services 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ttomkins

@coconutcreampie wrote:

Bump. Any help from the mods would be greatly appreciated 🙂

@coconutcreampie did you take a look here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

and here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

I would recommend sending one PM to a moderator (any one will do, it goes into a queue) with the above information and they will get back to you as soon as they can.  Be patient and good luck!

coconutcreampie

Bump. Any help from the mods would be greatly appreciated 🙂

leungmichelle

this happened to me too and after reading this thread i paid my wind bill...i hope it resolves things because i would hate to lose my old number Smiley Sad

coconutcreampie

Thanks for your reply, that's a really good point!

We have now paid off any remaining balances through Wind but it doesn't seem it has triggered the port to be completed yet (it's been about two hours). I'm hoping it's because it happens to be a Sunday night vs. weekday during business hours, so here's hoping it'll be resolved tomorrow.

Just really hoping we don't lose our existing number is all 🙂

Cheers!

Hi there

First off, the Public website doesn't actually say that a port is successful.  They are just saying that they've processed your request to port your number.  I believe that Public needs to change the wording that they use because it leads people to believe that everything is done when it isn't.

When porting is done, Public sends a text message specifying that. As it stands now, your number has not been ported (or at least that's how I've read into your message).

With that said, Wind tends to do a bunch of funny stuff when people port out.  They used to send people to collections if there was any remaining tab evem though they hadn't even issued a bill for it yet.  

Other companies don't usually do this, but Wind will reportedly sometimes not authorize the number transfer until you pay the final bill.

Try paying the final bill and report back.  I have a feeling that Wind could be behind this specific delay.

Need Help? Let's chat.