cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port-out fail/website down/account cut off early - what's going on?

kwintestal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, not sure what's going on or how to get help with this. I'm moving to Mexico in a week so tried Porting out to Fonego last night, got a message this morning that Public Mobile rejected it, not sure why. Anyway, my plan was valid from Oct 4 to Nov 3, now it's noon on Nov 3 and I get a text that my account's cut off at noon. Can't get into my account to pay and get service up again because of maintenance? What have I done? 

6 REPLIES 6

kwintestal

@softech if you've raised the issue, then it's obviously deliberate in order to be confusing. You need to have some absurd logic to come to the conclusion that Oct 4 is INCLUDED but Nov 3 is EXCLUDED. 

Now, I've received an email from Fonego that the port was denied because my PM account was suspended/inactive so they're penalizing me the $25 port fee. I guess that blows your whole, "didn't leave enough time" theory out the window, and puts it solely on the 'confusing' end date. I've reached out to PM Support, we'll see what happens. I still don't have service. 

@kwintestal   PM cycle date on the My Account is confusing.  PM is running on 30 days cycle, so if it is Oct 4 - Nov 3, then giving Oct 4 is day 1 , Nov 2 would be the last day of the cycle.  So, today Nov 3, the account would be suspended and cannot be ported at this state

I raised this issue but PM is still showing the cycle in this way

Going back to the porting, I am not sure if Fongo just requested the porting earlier  today. If so, the account is now suspended and cannot be ported.  

You can open a ticket with PM and confirm why the port was fail and see if there is any workarounds. But from what I know, account has to be active and you might have to reactivate it for a month to complete the porting.  

kwintestal

@softech How would you interpret Oct 4 - Nov 3? 

Geeze, a lot of finger pointing coming from you, saying I'm confused and "Since you didn't give enough time" ... I know you're trying to be helpful, but who are you? 

@kwintestal  if your cycle ends today, then it is not your account got cut off but there is a problem with My Account today

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/OPEN-ISSUE-Website-Outage/td-p/898243

But be careful, the wordings on My Account is a bit confusing in terms of the cycle end day.  The date see could meant the day for the new cycle.    But important thing is, do you have service now?  

Open ticket with PM Support first and see what happening.  But from what I know, account as to be active to be ported.  Since you didn't give yourself enough time (yes, for porting to VoIP providers, you need more than 2 days, better to give 7 days ) , so, if you really missed the cycle end day, you have no choice but to change the plan to $15 and then you have another 30 days to complete the port  🙂

kwintestal

I waited until the second last day of the cycle. My cycle ends today, Nov 3, but it's already cut off. And, I can't get into My Account to switch to the $15 plan which I've been trying to do since 10:30am when I found out that the port failed. My plan all along was that I'd extend my plan if the port didn't go through. 
Why was my account cut off at noon on Nov 3, when there's still a half-day left in the cycle? Absurd to me. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kwintestal   you have to try to reach out to PM Support and see why it was rejected

Although you might blame My Account is down, but porting to VoIP provider like Fongo could take longer, you shouldn't wait till second last day of the cycle to request porting.  You should give at least 7 days for porting into VoIP provider

Anyway, open ticket with PM Support and ask them, hope they can resolve it today, if not, change your plan to $15 and have the plan active until the porting is completed

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.