cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number not working

Eyexmeetsxeye
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

My ported number isn't working. 2fa is going to old number and callers and text messages go out showing wrong number

12 REPLIES 12

Eyexmeetsxeye

The issue turned out to be google RCS for messages not releasing the old number, not the porting. I had to figure that out on my own.

Also, no one has let me know how to change my 2fa number. I cannot find the link in the public mobile app to do that, not a Google link to edit the Telus eversafe id

@Eyexmeetsxeye Telus or Koodo team is ok, they help with PM portimg problem

You can also open ticket with PM support here by direct message 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Eyexmeetsxeye

Does not work. It auto transfers me to koodo assist then hangs up after it sounds me a text

Eyexmeetsxeye

Yes people can text it

Yes I can log in

Restarted my phone about 4 times over the past month since I signed up.

Can people call and text you on your ported number and it gets to the Public sim? Can you login to your account? You can change the 2fa number in the eversafe id area. As for outgoing showing the wrong number, did you do another restart with your Public sim in the phone?

@Eyexmeetsxeye 

call again. After you entered your number first time, it said cannot find, don't hang up , enter it a second time and you will get to talk to live support and ask them to confirm if the port was completed

Eyexmeetsxeye

I called. There is no active porting request and it hung up on me and sent me a thing to go to koodo prepaid. Is that normal?

Hi @Eyexmeetsxeye As I mentioned before. Check your mailbox up top for the number I sent you to call the porting team for assistance fixing the issue.

Eyexmeetsxeye

Sure did that part. Sim shows the correct (ported) number and did the confirmation with my previous carrier.

@Eyexmeetsxeye 

did you reply yes to the port authorization request within 90 minutes of receiving it with your old provider SIM card in your device?

if not, I will private message you a phone number to call to complete the port

to get it, tap the message icon , or your avatar, and go down to Messages

Chalupa_Batman_0-1698451608453.png

Eyexmeetsxeye

I can get 2fa via my email.

But my number is wrong outgoing texts and calls and for 2fa

Need Help? Let's chat.