cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number from Chatr

cauemoyano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I would like some help on how I should proceed to port my number from Chatr to my recently purchased Public plan. Some aspects to consider are, when I activated the sim I haven't waited for the SMS confirmation request from the previous provider (didn't know I had to wait at the time). Now, I've tried doing on my account on public website, first attempt I got an SMS saying they couldn't port my number. And when I try to open a new ticket and talk to a representative, the form page to submit the ticket is not working properly. As After I fill it up, Submit button still unable to click. 

Please can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Caue

5 REPLIES 5

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa   Telus being the parent company of PM (and Koodo) would handle any number transfers (porting in) that were unsuccessful during the transfer process for whatever reason.

@ottawa wrote:

Note that @cauemoyano is porting from ChatR (Rogers) not Telus?

It's the new carrier that the customer communicates with the customer to get a number transfered.  The advice to contact Telus is correct.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Note that @cauemoyano is porting from ChatR (Rogers) not Telus?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cauemoyano   You can send a private message to CS_Agent instead if you're unable to submit a ticket.  Here's the link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I'll also private message you the Telus porting # which can be called if your port is stuck.  You'll need to keep your old SIM in the phone until you've responded to transfer request within 90 minutes window.  Check you message box top right.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you create the PM account with a new #, and now you're porting? Or did you create PM by porting?

If you did the former, is your ChatR line still active (not expired)? The normal process is that when you initiate a port at PM, an SMS is sent to the ChatR and you have 30 or 60 min (I forget) to confirm. In that scenario, you would put the ChatR SIM back in your handset, try to port using PM site, then answer the ChatR text.

I suppose the above would work if you are creating the PM line by porting (i.e. no new #). The key is to have your ChatR SIM in your handset while doing it, so you can answer the text confirming you're porting.

There are other ways to confirm the port if the old SIM isn't available, but I've only ported out Bell recently, and for them it involved talking to Bell.

Need Help? Let's chat.