cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Trouble Shooting

Anjin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,  I bought SIM on Tuesday (2 days ago) but I still cannot receive any incoming phone call. Also no any text inbound outbound.    Port from BELL to Public Mobile is not working. Could you kindly help? 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Anjin 

If you didn’t leave your Bell SIM in your phone and reply with YES to the text confirming your are porting your number from Bell to PM. Note, you have 90 minutes to reply back or the porting is incomplete but your Bell SIM should still work.

If you missed this very important step. You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by creating a ticket through SIMon Chatbot or private message on this Community page.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anjin hi your old bell sim must be in your phone to receive transfer request from bell you have 90 minutes to respond yes to the text  I will send you  a number to call to reinitiate transfer request check your private messages   

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anjin   a very important process  with porting is to reply a text from your old provider (BELL) to approve the porting within 90 mins.  Did you do that?

There is a number you can reach out to talk to live support for Porting status.  I will message you via your Community inbox.  Check there, envelope icon on top right

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you follow exact porting steps? Left old SIM in a phone, replied Yes, etc.?

Both accounts have to be active in order to port.

Little bit more details what exactly you did would help.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anjin wrote:

Hello,  I bought SIM on Tuesday (2 days ago) but I still cannot receive any incoming phone call. Also no any text inbound outbound.    Port from BELL to Public Mobile is not working. Could you kindly help? 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.