cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Eligibility.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have someone here porting from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile and the number isn't Eligable for Port so we set them up with a new temporary number on the Public Account so the Port Department can do it manually like usual. 

I called Telus Porting Department and they can't submit the port request and transfer the number from Koodo to Public from there end.. why not?

CS_Agent is taking forever to respond too, what do I do? I have this Activation sitting here just waiting for me to Port their number and I'm completely helpless. 

15 REPLIES 15

Priority

I was expecting to do my own Koodo line before anyone else's, however that turned out to be the opposite way around! I wish I'd have known before hand. 😄

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority , thank you for sharing your experience with this. I’ve been waiting to see how it went when you tried.

Koodo port-in process can be a trickier process than other carriers since we operate of a similar system. Glad it worked out in the end. We are working on communicating port-in tips in Community! 

@Priority  I wouldn’t port from one carrier to another just to ultimately port to PM with in 24 hours i would do it over week at the very least if not a month for each port to get my moneys worth and hope to get some kinds better win back deal in the process 

Priority

If someone wants to do a Port to Lucky and back to Public to make the Port easier, as long as the individual uses my Friend Referral Code, I'll provide a Lucky Card for free considering my cost on them is under $1. 

No biggie, personally I'd pay $20 myself to save 2-4 hours porting from Koodo Pre-Paid to Public Mobile. 

@Priority  while normal porting process via porting authorization text could be fast, I see porting like this took as many as 3 or 4 hours, too.  On the other hand, I saw people porting from Koodo prepaid with agent help got it done reasonably fast too.   

My point is your current Koodo Prepaid lengthy porting could be just a one off.  And personally, I don't see a $15 (could be $19 with the extra sim card cost)  porting via Lucky and come back PM is a needed investment. 

Priority

Update: all done and successfully after over an hour and a half on the phone with the Telus Port Department. I was informed that I was calling the Post-Paid Porting department and for Koodo Pre-Paid I needed to get to the Pre-Paid Porting Department.

She called them and worked everything out with the Pre-Paid Team and assisted me beginning from end going above and beyond to help in this situation.

They had to close the Koodo Account first, and than 30 mins after the Koodo line was canceled they we're able to bring his Koodo Pre-Paid Number to Public Mobile.

I feel bad because this guy has two other phones he wants to port and switch from Bell to Public Mobile, and after this first experience with transferring his sons Koodo Pre-Paid line he is weary about it taking this long again in the future.. I assured him I can have Ports done from any other Provider in less than an hour, this is just a Koodo Prepaid Specific issue and it only takes this long with Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile.

In the end, he told me he would have rather paid $15 extra to port it from Koodo to Lucky and than to Public, just to have avoided these long wait times and headaches.. so I'll make sure to tell anyone switching from Koodo Pre-Paid that it can take up to two hours, or less than an hour if you are willing to pay $15 extra... some people see time as money, and if this guy knew he would have saved two hours by spending an extra $15 at the beginning, he'd have done it hands down he said, unfortunately neither of us could have known this would be the outcome. 

This is the first time I've ever ported someone from Koodo Pre-Paid to Public Mobile, I've ported people from Koodo Post-Paid with the normal steps successfully in the past, as well as every other Provider including Telus.. 

This was my 3rd Referral today, I myself am feeling burnt out since it doesn't usually take that long, the other two from Bell today we're done in less than an hour. 

Priority

I got through, this lady knows what she is doing. 

They have to Cancel the Koodo line first, then bring and replace the number on the Public Account with the Koodo number, complicated yes.. but they are doing it over the phone right now. 

@Priority if you message them, sometime, very often, that will reply late at night too

10pm EST

Priority

How much longer do I have until closing?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority you need support to transfer Koodo pre paid over to PM . Hopefully you get thru before the close for the night 

Priority

Lucky also let's me Port in and Create an Account without first payment, would it also let me Port out without paying the first bill with them? Is the next best option to do that kerfuffle?

Priority

I'm calling the Porting Department again, on Hold as I type this. Maybe the next person who answers will have a better idea of what they are doing and will be able to do this for me.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority 

really no reason why a Koodo account cannot be ported into PM, prepaid or postpaid

ask them to escalate, and give you the technical reason if that is really the case.  We want to know why too

But again, it is up to the CS agent at this point

Need Help? Let's chat.