cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up window blocks access to My Account

Moqcca1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On my iPhone (with a small screen size), there is a pop-up window about the introduction of the Points Reward system that I cannot close. I can’t access My Account, neither in the app, nor in a browser window.  I can’t click on the X to close this pop-up message as it is not fully visible on my screen. — Will I have to wait until May/June to access My Account again on my cell?

17 REPLIES 17

Moqcca1

That just opens a(nother) browser window but the blocking pop-up message remained.

Moqcca1

Thank you to everyone who brainstormed potential fixes for me. I tried most (resetting, restarting, Chrome, incognito, …) without success. But when Phil_Adelphus mentioned Safari, I tried Safari and the pop-up window is a bit smaller there, so I could see and click on the X to close window. — N.B. Pop-ups had already been blocked in Safari but this message still popped-up anyway.

Of course I’m feeling a bit dumb for not having tried Safari before, but for various reasons it hasn’t been my go-to browser anymore. Oops.

So while the problem in the app (and Chrome etc.) seems to persist, I have a solution now for accessing My Account on my iPhone. Thanks.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Moqcca1   If you try accessing the account with Safari on your phone and enable "block pop-ups" does that do anything?  Or can Siri be asked to dismiss the pop-up?

Hmm, after doing that restart phone wait 1 minute then restart. Is there anyway you can zoom out? How about the option in the middle of the screen that says learn more? Have you tried that? 

@Moqcca1  Well that’s certainly a possibility too  as their are many thing wrong here with PM .not everything works as it should and far from an intuitive experience . But there’s usually always a work around 

Moqcca1

Alright. I can do that. But I’m still pretty sure that the problem is with the app (or with PM) and the size of that window.

Moqcca1

Thanks. Tried that. Also signed out and closed app. Just in case. But now still the same problem.

@Moqcca1  Some times I find my iPhone gets sticky . So I will close out all windows power done the phone for couple mins and reboot it . And things start  to work smoothly again . When the last time you shut off the phone . It’s good to do every now and then to help performance 

Settings, cellular then cellar data network.  Press reset settings. This is on your phone. 

Moqcca1

Hmm. Thanks then…? But I want to use my iPhone and not go on a computer. It most definitely had occurred to me that a computer has a bigger screen than my small cell.

Moqcca1

Where would those settings be? I don’t see anything in the app details in my iPhone settings, nor in the  PM app settings themselves.

@Moqcca1  Yes Iread your question and offered you couple ideas to try and solve it . If the phone is to small for you try in lap top or tablet then see if that’s any better 

Go into your phone settings and change the font to a smaller size 

Moqcca1

Are people just answering to get points, or something?! Or is nobody reading?

As stated in my question: I cannot access the X. Also, I do have the app and I’m having the same problem in the app and with a browser. The issue is the screen size of my phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Moqcca1  Maybe try clearing web browser cache and cookies and try again incognito /Private mode . Or clear app cache . Can even go as far as uninstalling the app and try installing it and try again see if that helps 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi, this pop up window has an x on the upper right corner. I clicked on it and it went away. Or click on learn more. Maybe try on a laptop or computer to see if you will be able to get rid of it.

If our cannot access your account through this link, to the chatbot

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Then try the one below. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Moqcca1 

try access via app on your phone.  Download the PM app from app store

or try using another browser like Chrome or try access from a desktop

Need Help? Let's chat.